hobbyking - big changes

I find it easy to use, It`s just different and not very user friendly,and as usual they are out of stock of everything I want......

Will I go somewhere else. No I am quite happy to wait. I am sure they will sort it all soon. still prefer the older version, however they are not the only ones to make changes. All in the name of progress...

Advert

My last post on this thread on 28/10 was, it seems, wrong. The UK warehouse does in fact have in stock the Zippy Compact 5000 5S 25C that I wanted. It's just that the site shows "OUT STOCK" when it means "IN STOCK", and they are still £38, give or take a bit with the current £/$ exchange rate. Bit of a roundabout route to find that, but I got there in the end. The rest of the process went smoothly so I've come to the conclusion that the new, improved site is no more difficult to use than the old one, it's just different, very different. Still can't get any of the product finders or search box to do anything useful though, so you have to know what you want.

Long Live Hobbyking

Graeme

Posted by graeme jones on 01/11/2016 16:18:29:

... the site shows "OUT STOCK" when it means "IN STOCK", ..... I've come to the conclusion that the new, improved site is no more difficult to use than the old one, it's just different, very different.

That's certainly different - sounds great! Can't wait!

BEB

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 01/11/2016 09:41:08:

I see at last that HK have put a note on their front page apologising for problems with the "Major site refresh" admitting that not everything has gone smoothly. Hmmmm!

Better late than never!

Actually Simon they posted about the changes on 27th October but it's under the News heading rather than on the front page so some may have missed it.

I may have done HK a disservice over the LiPo selector. It is possible to set both an upper and lower capacity ( by moving the slider from both ends) as well as the number of cells. What is lacking and needed is a means of selecting the warehouse as well. Each one I tried to buy (experimentally) was in either Russia or the USA (must be Trump's doing ). It's bit of a bind when you have to go through the whole rigmarole before finding you can't buy an apparently in stock LiPo.

So perhaps it's gradually coming together but more work needed.

Geoff

Well, I finally decided to go back onto the HK site and after a going through a dummy buy found that you have to get almost to the end of the process before you can select which warehouse from whom you want to buy. As Geoff has said above, you can set the range for LiPo size and tick the box for no of cells and up comes a listing with prices. Not sure how things would have worked out if the LiPo I was interested in buying had not been available at the UK Warehouse - I would have gone a long way through the buying process to find out it was out of stock! Perhaps that's the intention?

Bottom line is that I made the purchase at about 12:45 in the afternoon and got a text at 1930 from Parcelforce telling me to expect delivery tomorrow. That's never happened before so perhaps their systems are running a lot faster now.

Oldgit - browser is Google Chrome

Martin - the problem seems to be that some items are shown as "OUT STOCK" when they are in fact in stock, but as others have said, you can't find that out until you have added the item to your cart and then looked at which warehouse has it. It's a very odd system. Perhaps written by two or more programmers who didn't actually talk to each other?

Peter - I haven't had a text from Parcelforce but their tracking system shows it as in transit from the the national hub to the local depot. Yours hasn't got as far to go of course.

Graeme

Posted by Devcon1 on 02/11/2016 06:39:04:

An update from HK , the statement was too long to paste in so here's a link

Amongst the thread it states -"For those that have struggled to use the 5% coupon code it has been extended due to the problems encountered earlier this week. For those that don't know it is BERIGHTBACK "

I've just a had a quick look around the site again and made a few practise purchases before hitting the cancel button. The site does seem to be working much better than a few days ago, so they are clearly burning the midnight oil to undo their mis-deeds.

The search function is not working very well and it's still not allowing you to view the total stock in any one warehouse as before - and as this is something that's getting people hot under the collar, judging by the forums, that is what they really need to correct - and very quickly. I won't chance a real order for some time to come though.

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/11/2016 08:32:41

Order arrived at 11:24. Excellent delivery service from Hobbyking and Parcelforce.

Not excellent is that the motor has the wrong bits with it. Instead of 1 collet mount prop driver, one bolt-on prop driver, one X mount and screws, I have 2 collet mount prop drivers. I need the bolt on type. I'll contact HK about it but I don't think they have it as a separate item, so it could take a while to sort.

Graeme

Get stuck in Graeme - I suspect you have the entire customer service team at your disposal - as you are the only person who has actually managed to order anything wink 2

Albeit the wrong thing came, maybe a case of "too many cooks", as hundreds of idle HK staff crowded around your box all trying to be "part of it"!!

BEB

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/11/2016 19:58:56:

You mean there's two!!!????

OMG!

BEB wink 2

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 02/11/2016 19:59:11

I certainly had a success! I did a dummy buy first to find out how it worked and then an actual buy. I placed the order at around noon on Monday for 2 Turnigy LiPos (5S 5000 20C) and received them on Tuesday morning. It does take a bit of time to get used to the new process that they have introduced. So far, I've only tackled the LiPo problem so I don't know if it's as easy buying anything else. smiley

Forget what I said earlier, the email I had wasn't about the missing bit, it was about the order itself and had somehow been delayed in the system for almost 24 hours. Very strange. Just to be clear, the mistake wasn't made at the warehouse, the motor comes packed in a box with the accessories, so it would have been packed incorrectly at the factory. Either someone has a motor with 2 bolt-on drivers or they had simply run out of them but had to put something in. Or the person packing them didn't know that there were 2 different types.

I'll give them another 24 hours to respond then send a reminder.

Graeme