hobbyking - big changes

Posted by Erfolg on 28/10/2016 22:51:21:

iqon

I suspect that until the IT people get their act together it is any ones gues, outside of HK that is, guess what is intended.

I am guessing that this all mighty cock up, is costing HK dear. If it is not, then HK have shot themselves in the head, as purchasing will be drastically down, on previous sales.

I very much doubt that. All businesses allow for, and expect, a reduction in sales when they change stuff as IT faffs are inevitable and as people are creatures of habit they don't like change so tend to stay away for a while. It would appear that trait is evident here too!

I just put in an order for film and two servos and all seems well now. Order went through, pricing displays perfectly OK, no problems.

Advert

At the moment most things seem to show incorrectly as no stock but if you add something to your cart it will list the warehouses that have the item. Most things I have searched on seem to be in stock in UK and Europe, and the way of showing postal charges is much better than previously.

It's obviously going to take a little time to sort out all the bugs but they are getting there. I have always had good service from HobbyKing, both with purchases and returns/queries and they won't be losing my business.

Judging by some of the previous negative comments I think some people were not using the site correctly so hopefully the revamped site will be easier for people.

I've just tried to look for 2200 mAh 3S LiPos and it's just impossible. I used the so-called LiPo finder and set it for 3S and less than 4000mAH. Most is shown as out of stock and those that are, when you open the file to find the price it shows as in the USA! There seem to be no way of limiting the search to the UK (or Euro) warehouse.

It was only an experiment and it failed!

Geoff

Yes the their web site is now 'different' and particularly their LiPo stock is limited at the moment but is it really that hard to follow?

It tells you clearly which warehouse you are buying from and it calculated the shipping cost for you.

Interesting the price is now shown in dollars even for UK purchases. Any change in the pound exchange rate and you have to cover it.

Another example of the confidence in the UK economy post Brexit!

Posted by Simon Chaddock on 29/10/2016 11:31:46:

Interesting the price is now shown in dollars even for UK purchases. Any change in the pound exchange rate and you have to cover it.

That was always the case - prices are, and always have been, in US$.

On the old site, if you chose to, you could display an indicative price in £, €, or other currencies. But you always pay in US$ and paypal or your credit card company does the conversion. Any prices shown in currencies other than US$ were only an estimate - and at one time they updated their conversion rates very infrequently so the estimate could be (and often was) a very poor one.

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 29/10/2016 11:00:27:

I've just tried to look for 2200 mAh 3S LiPos and it's just impossible. I used the so-called LiPo finder and set it for 3S and less than 4000mAH. Most is shown as out of stock and those that are, when you open the file to find the price it shows as in the USA! There seem to be no way of limiting the search to the UK (or Euro) warehouse.

It was only an experiment and it failed!

Geoff

No Geoff, it's the stock part that is wrong at the moment. Click on whatever you want (even though it says out, ignore the fact that it says America or wherever, Buy Now, and then you can select the UK warehouse (if it's in stock which most are).

Hope that helps.

Andy

Posted by Andy Palmer on 29/10/2016 10:34:28:

... and the way of showing postal charges is much better than previously...

How do you show postal charges now ?

Perhaps I'm being thick but I can't find a postage/shipping table anywhere on the new site.