web stock availability

Hi guys going to have a bit of a rant. Just want to see if I am on my own or more of you have my frustration.

I have spent two days trying to find a RC kit for a Christmas present. The number of web sites I have been to which have the model in question on their site but when I phone to enquire if they have stock( which is not displayed on the site.) they tell me they don't have stock.

Why display the model if you do not have it or just put on your web page its out of stock and delivery time if an order is placed. Fed up of phoning around to check that engine and model are in stock, finding out one isn't in stock then having to look for an alternative or phone and cancel and order as one or the other is not available.

Sorry guys just wanted to vent my spleen

Advert

Yes I with you on this.Went on a web site for a popular model shop ( which I will not name )On their web site it stated that the model was in stock Luckily I rang to make sure it was in stock before making a round trip of 100 miles.to collect it only to be told that it was not in stock ,they only order it when someone want one and it would take 7 days to get one in stock!!!!!!!!!!!.Good job I rang before making the trip

Oh think yourself lucky.....some take your money and wait until they have a large enough order to place...could been weeks sometimes as they say its been ordered and they are waiting on delivery....

I have found use a LMS, call or email or use a supplier show a "real" stock levels. I then just use them as I end up wasting more time than money saved IMHO.

I think its called "Just in time" method = take the punters money and deliver when it comes in.

Just in time in this context means just before the customer demands the goods or his money back! In industry just in time used to mean just before the production line grinds to a halt because the parts is missing. It's probably still the same nowadays.

Posted by Andrew Cousins on 09/11/2016 13:34:17:

Fed up of phoning around to check that engine and model are in stock, finding out one isn't in stock then having to look for an alternative or phone and cancel and order as one or the other is not available.

Im working on the engine issue!

jon not moaning about your service emailed you expecting a wait. dont mind waiting for quality and service laser engines provide (hence the question in my email).

im moaning about other sights. wanted a plane and engine in a week. changed plane and enginechoice so many timesdue to my post moan i thought i would give the plane as half of his present and tell him a laser was on order. he wouldn't mind waiting for a laser. he likes my 80.

hope this clears things up.

still haven't found a plane in stock

I have to say, I haven't experienced any of the out of stock problems which other have had. I've used Steve Webb/Servo Shop and RC World in Cardiff for numerous orders. Both sites show if the item is in stock, with RC World's site actually showing what the stock level is. Prices are competitive on both and deliveries from RC World are second to none. They are also local, so I try to support them if I can.