Greenacres 2017

cymaz

Many thanks to all for the positive comments regarding the Greenacres July Fly In.

I'd like to thanks all the GMAC Members, friends and family that helped make this event the great success that it was.

The new fuel - start - fly - park system seemed to work very well with just one tweak required for next time to handle different wind directions.

Thanks for all the pilots that came down!

Edited By Jim Mchugh on 03/07/2017 09:25:42

• 2 weeks later...

I do not wish to in any way to say anything bad about Greenacres which I have visited many times and have always enjoyed but there could have been a problem with the site this year. My new Lanc. failsafed inexplicably and was destroyed, followed within minutes by two other models. I later nervously flew two of my other models with no problems since everyone else was flying normally.

Could have been someone with a jammer or a microwave link nearby.

I was on DSM2 and if the other flyers who crashed are reading this I would like to hear from them to find out which system they were using.

Martin...good to see you and have a nice long chat. I too had a "glitch" and went into fail safe about 1:40-1:45 Sunday afternoon. Same place as you did. Thankfully I got away with it. There were also some other pilots who suffered "glitches the same time I did. Luckily all planes suffered no damage.

It was such a shame to have that interference during the afternoon after a lovely day and some good company. Jim is most concerned about this and I'm sure he will and the club will do the best they can to have this problem explained. See you all next year.....

• 5 weeks later...

I would just like to say thanks for the Greenacre guys for a great event. i could only do Saturday but got several flights in with the dual engine ripmax rapier. I agree the fueling and starting box idea worked well as you could gauge the "queue" and jump in at the right times.

Cheers

Dave (Windy) Miller LEMAC

Edited By dave windymiller on 14/08/2017 21:52:25

• 3 months later...