My Spektrum DX9 transmitter has stopped working.

David Davis

HH responded to me on FB...

"Hi Matt, the EU business is not going anywhere. We are bringing in some new products along with the great products we've always had. Horizonhobby.eu or your favorite Horizon retailers are the best places to find our products"

...and...

"Can you message us the link to the forum? It is very much an all hands on deck situation and the US and EU team are now one team working together to get the service back to where it is. But it would be helpful for us to see the forum as well. Ali is still here and working hard developing new products and supporting shows all over."

Popcorn time... wink

Edited By MattyB on 09/09/2017 18:59:10

Possibly the reason they didn't return your DX6 with the battery is because of the posting restrictions imposed by Royal Mail some time ago. When I posted a Futaba transmitter I sold on eBay about 2 years ago I had to lie at the PO counter and claimed there were no batteries (NMh in that case).

Geoff

Posted by stephen grigg 1 on 10/09/2017 11:09:12:

my DX6 failed before it was 12 months old.I sent itoff in March.No response whatsoever.2 months later it was returned ,a fault found and repaired free of charge.I cant use it they kept my lipo battery and again no response at my request to return it.So without a Spectrum transmitter most of this year

Posted by Percy Verance on 10/09/2017 12:56:06:

Ah yes accountants. They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing...........

It's becoming increasingly difficult to see how HH can make their new set-up work successfully. I know of several flyers whom are currently looking to purchase items (some fairly substantial) from HH, only to discover there doesn't appear to be any stock within the now smaller network of stockists.

Yes, it seems that HH stock of all makes is not making it to our shores let alone to the ever decreasing number of retailers.

I was given to understand the opposite to what Ikura posted and that equipment SHOULD NOT be posted with batteries installed.. However when checking I find he is right .Among a couple of lists It say Lipo s amomgst others may only. be sent when connected to the equipment it normally powers. If you wish to check Google Post office prohibited items.

What about trawling Bang good for R/C gear of all types.Well known makes.Excellent prices and variety. Only snag it takes a while for stuff to arrive. However in light of times taken to return stuff it is immaterial.Not yet seen anr U/Cs advertised but not looked And no I don't have shares in them.BTW some nice models both foamies and balsa build up jobs.

Posted by Geof54 on 18/09/2017 21:43:10:

Update on dx9 sent to Germany for repair

It should have returned from USA to Germany on 15th Sept. My wife rang today and spoke to one of the technicians. The transmitter has not arrived and could you ring back in 2 days.

Geof

My transmitter arrived at Barsbuttel on 21st August. That's nearly a month ago. I have been working long hours on my new house so haven't had the time to phone them. I'll try later today if I get a minute.

At 11.00 this morning I received my first email from Barsbuttel, five weeks after my transmitter was delivered there. They told me that my transmitter had been sent to the USA and that it would be sent back to Germany at the beginning of October.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry but I've stopped being an advocate of Spektrum radios.

Posted by Percy Verance on 28/09/2017 18:03:35:

Oh dear David, you could write a book..........or perhaps build another model while you're waiting. smiley

Edited By Percy Verance on 28/09/2017 18:04:58

I've been too busy either working on the new house or moving into it to have the time for building, but you're right, if 36% of us are using Spektrum radios and the service centre is being relocated to one place, they should have thought that they'd need more staff to cope with the increased demand for servicing and they should have trained staff before they shut down the other offices. Not afterwards. If I could afford to replace all of my Spektrum equipment I would do.

I hear that they are finally training some more staff so there should not be a repetition of this.

Hello,

Well, hopefully the end is near .... my friend's DX9 is on the way back to the uk.

This afternoon I persuaded my wife to ring Germany. It did take 3 attempts but maybe we were ringing at lunchtime and neither main reception or service direct line were answering. Anyway 3rd attempt later and Thomas picked up in the service department. As usual the conversation was in German. My wife then announced it was sent with DPD on Tuesday.

Quick call to tell my friend the good news.

Fingers crossed.

Geof