Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Advert

That is a really good site Sunny , 36 pages of colour !

There are some good detail drawings there too , for those that might be going for a bit more detail .

http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Bf109G.pdf

The snow camouflage aircraft captured by the Russians is rather cool , but I am still drawn to the heavily mottled luftwaffe versions . The tropical stuff looks great on the air , especially with white wing tips .

r

Hi Guys,

Well I hope your not too overweight, overhung and generally feeling bloated...

​I hope to see a few posts on your kits...

​I don't want to put too much of my build which is not relevant to yours remembering mine is a prototype which had a few wrinkles which have been ironed out of yours.

​So come on take a few paracetamol, a couple of alka seltzer and post some pic's...smiley

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 27/12/2017 21:26:17:

YOU GOT INSTRUCTIONS?...... damn it Richard your spoiling them!

It's ok Paul..........just checked, there are only pictures; since when to we read instructions !!!

Anyways, heres the scheme I'm hoping to replicate:

me109g.jpg

Edited By Flyer on 27/12/2017 21:31:46

Wahooo, guess what I've got!

1st look.jpg

parts.jpg

Pleased? I should say so, excellent quality, comprehensive and you lot showing the way. What more can you want?

This is what it will hopefully end up looking like.

bf 109g-6 jg 52.jpg

Glynn and Richard have have called the decals the 'Ghost' set quite appropriate I think. Thank you guys.

Now if you wondered how to reverse a servo....here's how.

A BIG P.S.....

I take NO Responsibility for your burnt fingers, melted wires, or servo failure, climate change, change in underpants colour!

Please do not do this if you are unsure of your capabilities or have a soldering iron big enough to solder the wing panels on a car!

To prevent the whole thing coming apart in your hands first tape together the top part.

20180107_080453.jpg

Then remove the four screws holding it together.... don't lose them cheeky

20180107_080623.jpg

Carefully remove the bottom of the servo to expose the tiny driver board.

20180107_080654.jpg

The two wires to the motor need to be swapped. If you have a shakey hand unsolder at the motor, swap and solder back on. Next the really awkward shakey bit.

Move the controller board GENTLY out to expose the feed back potentiometer.

20180107_080734.jpg

The two outermost wires also have to be swapped but as the pot is difficult to get to you will need to do this on the controller board.

If you have a 'Helping hands" or even a clothes peg it will help.

20180107_081254.jpg

Desolder the two outer most wires from the pot where they connect to the board and resolder them on the opposite sides.

20180107_081328.jpg

20180107_081528.jpg

Carefully replace the board back in the servo and reassemble...job done!

Ok Paul, thinking now :- 110 will I have to do this procedure to have the 2 throttle servos travelling in the same direction. ie running of one y lead.? Presumably the same for the flaps? WE thinking of just swapping the red and black at the plug end of the servo lead. Sorry if I've missed something? Cheers Graham