Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Advert

Are they expensive ? Not really when you consider the fun , and that they can be swapped into several planes .

The 4.1 sound unit complete with speaker is $119 . google his website . He does recommend an additional speaker

when you go over 1400mm wing span ,but if you fly on your own with no IC planes about ,it sound fine on one .

R

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 19/12/2017 15:04:56:

Hi Chaps , the 109s are filtering through to people now , so the thread may liven up a bit .

A few people have asked me about the sound system .In many ways, the 109 is ideal for it . There is not the usual tail heavy problem associated with Spitfires and that means we have more options with where to put it .

On my one (shown a few pages back ) you can see the video of it flying past , The oil cooler radiator under the chin drops out like the base of a lift complete with the Mr RC sound unit and speaker . I think the whole thing weighs about 4-5 oz , which the 109 completely ignores .

The current draw is tiny and it just piggy backs off the main motor wires . The start up and running sounds are actual Daimler Benz V12 . The unit itself only has two plugs . One is for power , the other for a Y lead from the ESC .

Andrew at Mr RC sound is a very nice chap and very helpful . If you do contact him mention us and what we are doing . It wont do you any harm .

I would suggest that you make the actual unit removable (velcro is fine) . That way you can have sound in you 109 one week and Spitfire the next !

Plus 1 for Andrew at Mr RC Sound, I did get a unit from Richard for the 110 but as I have been unable to do much these last few months it has stayed in the box, I did not dare put the sound system together due to the heavy duty pain killers were making it a little difficult to remain focused on the job in hand but now I am on the mend in a much faster way than I could have dreamed of I will put one of these together and show you and me! what is involved without I hope damaging anything.

As I have a round of GP surgery and Hospital Physio today I intend to make a start on Thursday, as long as I can get to everything I need, still on crutches at the moment, I will be set.

Once given the OK to drive I will make my way over to Wills towers to pick up a certain 109 for the building of, the 110 will be done after now as I just need something to scratch the itch that has been festering for months of inactivity!

Edited By Nigel Dell on 20/12/2017 10:47:22

Edited By Nigel Dell on 20/12/2017 10:49:35

Hi Nigel, glad to hear that you are making good progress. Trust that your doing those exercises, they do make a big difference with your recovery. I guess that once your ready to start building there will be no stopping you. The 109 should be an interesting build. I’m looking forward to receiving mine (hint hint Richard).

Posted by Graham R on 20/12/2017 12:12:46:

Hi Nigel, glad to hear that you are making good progress. Trust that your doing those exercises, they do make a big difference with your recovery. I guess that once your ready to start building there will be no stopping you. The 109 should be an interesting build. I’m looking forward to receiving mine (hint hint Richard).

Thanks Graham, yes getting into the exercises, Physio was great today I seem to be ahead of what was expected just have to be careful I don’t go getting too confident and have an accident😳

But all is well just 2 weeks in I am almost off the crutches, outside might be a bit different from the safety aspect alone but just got to build the strength up in that hip, still I am not going to be able to drive for two months apparently because it is the right leg that is affected, just as long as I can get in the workshop to collect things to build that will be fine!

The only downer today was in the GP’s and I presented cold and clammy and lost colour, they think I may have an infection, so bloods taken and check up done, got to go back tomorrow to get results, I think this was the first time out and I rushed when I shouldn’t have, I feel fine but have picked up a bit of a cold but they are being cautious I guess which is great I just hope it was a one off.

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 21/12/2017 09:24:05:

Aww guys... you got to wait..?

Go on wait till she's not looking and have a peek!

Sound like Ade is just happy with the box!cheeky

Had a sheltered upbringing Paul; all we had for Xmas was a potatoe and an orange. So I'm happy with very little lol.

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 21/12/2017 09:24:05:

Aww guys... you got to wait..?

Go on wait till she's not looking and have a peek!

Sound like Ade is just happy with the box!cheeky

Had a sheltered upbringing Paul; all we had for Xmas was a potatoe and an orange. So I'm happy with very little lol.

Posted by Graham R on 21/12/2017 09:45:54:

Potatoes and an orange - you were lucky, all we had were potato peelings and cold water! And they were raw. (I feel a sketch coming on here)

Edited By Graham R on 21/12/2017 09:48:35

Raw potato peelings is bad but don't suffer raw water...

I like mine processed...... into alcohol... it is a vastly improved taste...!

It also improves the nerve to 'have a peek' in the box!