Mike Oldfield

Peter Miller

Advert

I have been a great fan of MIke's since I was a wee nipper. I first hooked into him from The Exorcist movie laugh

Yip he was a keen modeler

mike2.jpg

and also is a qualified aircraft ....

mike3.jpg

and helicopter pilot too.

mike4.jpg

One of my favourite songs of all time is Moonlight Shadow with Maggie - very relaxing.

mike.jpg

i seem to remember Mike Oldfield was mentioned on this website before and on the strength of it I dug out my 'boxed set' of his records presumably I bought in the 1970's ? I have just dug out the four records and discovered a large booklet with photographs of his several guitars and also confirmation that Hergest Ridge wherever that is. was the place where he flew his Slope Soarer Gliders. Click on picture for larger image.

001 mo.jpg

As an impressionable teenager, 40 odd years ago, Mike Oldfield helped to inspire my interest in R/C glider flying. If my favourite 'pop star' of the time flew model planes then it must be a 'cool' thing to do. It seems rather ironic in hindsight...

I heard recently (in a TV documentary perhaps) that Mike's recording studio was near Hergest Ridge and, weather permitting, he'd spend his days flying off the slope to escape the tedium of making the splendid L.P. of the same name.

Posted by cymaz on 04/01/2018 19:46:30:

I might buy this ...it takes my fancy

Edited By cymaz on 04/01/2018 19:48:16

As I write this just listening to TB 2003 on my DTS set up.....Like he was playing next to you. Stunning, you need the right speakers and amps to get the most out of the disc......smile p

Edited By cymaz on 07/01/2018 10:37:02