Honda Field.

I get to the field this morning, the bolt securing the D link on the lock is loose (been hammered over so it won't come off, drive down to unload, ooh that's a funny place to park a Honda CRV, almost middle of the field. surprise

I walk to the vehicle to see what's up ? no one at home, it's locked ? gouges in field from handbrake turns, walk to front, note in window ( this car has not been abandoned, I will be back today to shift it, sorry for any inconvenience causedface 1 when that's nice of him eh. angry Walk around car, front left wheels broken on steering doodahs (technical term). Anyway lads did well, no one hit it all day, despite me praying for it. £72 later and breakdown truck dumps it in a lay by for us. Hope his bill is a big un.

Advert

What a pain, John. I have had trouble from young lads, in the past late at night, who came up to the grass strip fuelled with booze & birds and decided to race up and down the strip doing hand brake turns. You can imagine the mess made. face 5 A combination of measures suggested by the local plod and extended daylight hours now have kept them away for the time being. I also understand a few ASBOS have been issued by the police, but these louts see that as a badge of honour.

I've just have photos sent to me showing that some low life has ridden a motor bike all over our hoggin runways last night, causing deep ruts and generally damaging them.

I don't know how these people think they have a right to ruin someone else's property. If they get caught, which of cause they won't, they will only get a smack on the wrist! They should be made to repair the damage at their own expense in their own time!

Tricky one, there should be more that a land owner / occupier can do. Clamping on Private Land no longer allowed although it is lawful to lock the gate or barrier and agree a fee to reopen same.

How did it get in? Intentional damage to the lock is Criminal Damage and a Police matter. (I bet the car owner will say that the gate was open so he/she popped in for a look around) I think that I might have pulled it out of the way into a corner of the field and then taken the wheels off. Leave the driver a note to contact you to arrange their return for an agreed sum equal to the damage to lock / grass surface and your reasonable efforts to remove the obstruction so that field activities could resume.

There would be a strong possibility that you would be left with the car so don't go over the top and there's always scrap value it the driver doesn't take it away.

I know that 30-40 years ago, Barnsley Council (probably others) would have the Police prosecute drivers caught on their parks and playing fields for causing criminal damage to the grass surface. I'm not sure that you would get the same response from the Police today.

Posted by ChrisB on 14/05/2018 09:44:52:

Clamp and a £300 release fee!

Sadly, it is a criminal offence to clamp a vehicle, even if it is on your land. It is not illegal to park on private land, merely a civil offence. You'd be the one in court!

No, I don't agree with it either, but that's my understanding!

We had the police come to the field before we did anything. We didn't want to escalate things and have a member confronted by some group of fellas, nor further damage done to the field. Police got the runaround when they tried to contact him, he's left home, they don't know where he is, he's a wrong un, etc etc. Keep Calm N Carry On. wink

Locks been modified so they can't get in by removing a bolt now.

You should have moved the car to a “place of safety” as you did not want it to get damaged while you pursue your lawful activity on the field. You are so sorry but you cannot recollect where you placed it, but receipt of xxx pounds as a contribution towards repair of the damage caused may refresh your memory!

Edited By Shaunie on 14/05/2018 23:25:37

All these vengeful thoughts entered my head and other members heads, then you come back to the thought of dreading a phone call, been an incident at field and one of our members has got hurt ?

Doesn't bare thinking about does it, cars moved safely, undamaged by us, it has Police tape wrapped around the roof bars,can be seen from our gate IF he comes back for it, a window has already been smashed by some other individual. Quite a repair bill on his hands now, wonder how he's gonna handle it from here, Car was stolen ? on record with the police already that he broke it on our field n left a note, my moneys on it gets burnt. Grass is an easy repair.