cymaz

logging on to the site via my iPad has just become a pain in the neck. Every time I want to log in I need to reset password. The computer doesn’t seem to recognise and save anything I put in. I’ve tried clearing the history and website data in safari but it makes no difference.

Anything else I could try??

I have the same problem on the Imac. I faithfully check the box "Remember me?"every time, to no avail. Otoh login is pretty quick, and gets you back to the page you were on before, so I've just learned to live with it.

But it remains a strange exception, no other websites I know of have this (other than those that log you out deliberately, like online banking sites).

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 21/07/2018 08:42:39

Posted by Max Z on 21/07/2018 10:15:50:

Nothing there about passwords, only "remove from history" (mine is set to 1 year) and "remove from downloads list" (set to 1 day)

My suggestion Max was to select another amount of time so as Safari "moved itself from where it was set" therefore at least giving you a chance, it was sort of an effort to be neighbourly and helpful.

Posted by Denis Watkins on 21/07/2018 21:59:12:it was sort of an effort to be neighbourly and helpful.

Which is much appreciated Denis, but I just could not see how it would affect retention of my login on the modelflying site. But I will give it a try nevertheless.

Max.

Edited By Max Z on 21/07/2018 22:22:23

Thanks Max, I kept looking for sign in information, and it turns out Google is happier finding Login information

Here

To do this, go to the Passwords section of Safari's preferences, where you will see a checkbox at the bottom of the window which says "Allow AutoFill even for websites that request passwords not be saved." Toggle this setting, and you should now be able tosave your site's password.

Hi Denis,

I did indeed look at that section, and made sure that the password for www.modelflying.co.uk is there. For some reason, there are two versions to be seen; one with an extension "-http" and one with "-https". I know what these mean, but do not understand why they are both there. Fwiiw, the same password is registered for both.

About the tip you found on Google: I am using a Dutch version of osx, and there is a checkbox on the top of the passwords section of the preferences window saying "Vul gebruikersnamen en wachtwoorden automatisch in", which translates as "Enter user names and passwords automatically". I wonder if this is the same as "Allow Autofill even for websites that request passwords not to be saved". Did you check yours?

Max.

(btw, I was logged in automatically this morning, so fingers crossed...)

Edited By Max Z on 22/07/2018 08:28:51

I like to test one option at a time, so for now I am going with Denis' first suggestion. I changed my Safari History setting to manual deletion, let's see what that brings.

If/when I am kicked out again, i'll delete the http site password. At least KiwiKid explained the two different entries in the list, but I'm afraid my login problem exists for a bit longer than a few weeks

Max.

• 2 years later...

Not sure this is the correct thread to ask this question but here goes. When i log in the black bar at the top of the page is mis-placed and covering an area i need to click on. I.e.,, if i go to ‘forums’ the wording ‘latest posts’ is covered up. As this is the one thing on the forum i use most i am finding it very annoying. My subscription is still valid so no problem there.

No response to my problem, which i am quite suprised at. I thought maybe the people who run the site could help. The problem is solved however by logging into the site with my ipad in landscape rather than portrait as i usually do. Is this some sort of glitch in the programming or is it just me?

Posted by Limobob on 02/12/2020 18:58:33:

No response to my problem, which i am quite suprised at. I thought maybe the people who run the site could help. The problem is solved however by logging into the site with my ipad in landscape rather than portrait as i usually do. Is this some sort of glitch in the programming or is it just me?

Hi Limobob,

I'll let the techies know about your issue - a screenshot of the problem may help, if possible? I'll mention the password reset issue too, Malcolm

Pete

Posted by Limobob on 01/12/2020 06:42:15:

Not sure this is the correct thread to ask this question but here goes. When i log in the black bar at the top of the page is mis-placed and covering an area i need to click on. I.e.,, if i go to ‘forums’ the wording ‘latest posts’ is covered up. As this is the one thing on the forum i use most i am finding it very annoying. My subscription is still valid so no problem there.

Same problem here.

I view on an iPad and it is as you describe when in portrait format but fine when turned to landscape. This is a new issue. Was fine up until a week or so back.

S

Posted by Stuart Z on 03/12/2020 15:36:48:
Posted by Limobob on 01/12/2020 06:42:15:

Same problem here.

I view on an iPad and it is as you describe when in portrait format but fine when turned to landscape. This is a new issue. Was fine up until a week or so back.

S

The techies are busy with the setting up of the new forum framework, gents, so if you could bear with us for now and hopefully it will be sorted when we're up and runningthumbs up

Pete