Much Marcle LMA Show

cymaz

Just spent an excellent day flying in the LMA Show at Much Marcle. The gentle wind straight down the strip and the warm sunny weather was glorious.

What really made the day was the excellent stewards, organisation and the hard work of all the volunteers.....a sincere big “ thank you.” hugheartparty

Let’s have a good day of flying Sunday.

I will post pictures at some point when I get home.....

Advert

Yup, very enjoyable day down there today with some mighty fine models. All the LMA and club volunteers were very friendly and organised a great event.

Promised myself not to buy another model but failed again.

The only thing I would change is to use my lunch break to sneak a visit to the Westons Cider shop/bar up the road.

On my calendar for next year.

As a noobie to the hobby it was my first experience of an air show and I must say for me it was superb.

Well organised and good range of trade stands - did spend a bit of pocker money! - even the burgers were good.

The Lancaster flying was amazing and the Red arrows certainly showed the skills that can be attained. To see Dick Dastardly take off in about 3 feet was unbelievable. The silhouette of the Lysander was memorable.

Hey ho onwards and hopefully upwards till next year.

Thank you to all who made the day so good.

Although I was helping out on the Falcon Aviation stand, the show seemed well run and always something in the air. Also a wide range of models, from WW1 to WWII, aerobatic models and weird others (flying carpet).

Seems many shows today seem to miss out the warbirds, which I think makes a more interesting display.

Poor Robbie Skipton suffered sheared bolts on his large Pits Bulldog which suffered some damage. Seems a problem with shearing bolts/Spinners - myself have had two sets shear off, and wondering if Titanium bolts will be better...

Posted by Nigel R on 04/09/2018 09:56:16:

When did the Pitts problems occur? I saw the blue one flying (around 11am?) in his usual style, it's a great show plane.

TBH , I really can’t remember ! But blink and miss it. The Pitts was flying down wind by the orchard on the very far side of the strip. It only made 30’ or so before landing. It was quite low....unfortunate spot. A bit higher or faster Robbie might have flared it out morebit it just sank...he did his best. The U/C took most of the force , it stopped then went over on its nose. The back broke but it’s repairable....