Hitec Aurora 9 help please

Merco 61

Advert

Thanks Ken,will look it up.Bucksboy,it is an opto switch connected between rx and electronic ignition box which,when triggered from tx,cuts power instantly,hence kill switch.I want it as a panic button in addition to normal failsafe.I fully admit to having a mighty struggle with most computer tasks,especially programming.So far,the system will not recognize the switch which is plugged into a spare rx input.

I do understand the need to instruct the tx,it’s the route and sequence that I cannot find.This all arises out of two events that happened whilst testing models in the garden.Big scratch built Piper Cub,tail firmly roped to tree.Opened up to full power for a few seconds,tailplane joint failed,models shot forward,demolishing large shrub,cowl and uc.All over in an instant.Then a 1/4scale SE5,33cc petrol,tethered with four ropes at full power,throttle failed to operate when a ball joint came adrift.External simple manual switch easily accessible so no harm done,but a daunting moment nonetheless.Yes,a bit belt and braces,but I still want a kill switch for emergencies.

At first this is not as obvious as one would think.

Press the model type icon

Press system

Press channel

shows which channel does what

Press aux1 "null" on ch5 ch6 or ch7

Press Sel.

Select the switch I use G

Press set

plug kill switch into whichever channel you selected above

Exit

Hope this helps

Posted by Percy Verance on 06/10/2018 21:46:38:

Jeez that's long winded! A single button press on my transmitter gets me into the Tx control menu.

Don’t diss ma box man it’s a great radio very versatile and usually quite intuitive ( I say usually) I have programmed the hell out of it and it has always come up with the goods cheeky

I used to program all of my gassers so that if the signal was lost the ignition would cut. The problem with that is that if the signal was lost, just for a split second then I would loose the engine, now my failsafes are all set to minimum throttle with no engine cut. Ignition cut is on a Tx switch.

Of course if you really want belt and braces when running engine up on the ground then you could have an external socket on your 'plane that completed the ignition power circuit (a bit like leccy external power plugs). Insert plug into the socket but have a length of 'string' from the plug back to the restraint, then if restraint or 'plane broke, the plug would pull out thus killing the engine. It's very similar to power boat / jetski kill switches.

hello merco,the A9 is pretty easy to use (once) you're familiar with the terms used to do anything. I didn't understand what you were after doing in your original post ….. RC exp V2.0 kill switch …… I couldn't get back to my PC to give you some more info etc...but check out pages 74/75 in the manual...should help you..

PS I don't care much for your methods mentioned...with the large petrol engine and the thing breaking away...its a recipe for major injuries..to you or a.n.other…..dodgy procedure....

ken anderson...ne..1...… A9 dept

Thanks for all the replies.Cold Lazarus,yours is the answer I was really hoping for and set out exactly as all instruction books should be.I,m very grateful.Would you be happy to answer further programming queries via pm? Regarding some of the other comments,we all know that any spinning propellor is inherently dangerous,petrol ,glow or electric and I,be had my fair share of cuts and bruises over the decades,despite always taking the utmost care.Engines have to be carefully tuned and at some stage all have to be tested for maximum power,so need restraining.At our club,heavy steel yokes are provided at each starting bay,great,but all thrust loads are born by the tailplane only so not perfect.Thrown props,usually from big fourstrokes, is an undeniable hazard and I have no answer to this.Go to any full-size flying club and you will see 100 hp aero engines being swung by hand,the aeroplane is unrestrained and unchocked,the prop swinger trusting that the pilot really has got the mags switched off.I doubt if it is possible to achieve total safety with our models,all we can do is do our best to anticipate the possible dangers and learn from mistakes,ours and those of others.Which is why l recounted the two incidents.