Building Brian Taylors Cessna 120

While we are waiting for the above, I was given an old Pony Electric model a while back, and considering i need some smaller/lighter stuff to fly on the Astro Turf, I thought I would have a go at this with what I have in the scrap bins.

I have called her "Scrapper". The only thing I will have to buy, is an ESC. face 20

D.D.

This is the original covering, I did try the heat gun but it was sagging like Nora Battys stockings again the next Day.

img_20190604_130544.jpg

The wing in the New Scheme.........ailerons are hinged with the film, I did hinges underneath with spare silver Oratex.

img_20190604_130502.jpg

My Speedo arrived YAY !!

ESC) for those that think I have ordered some swimming pants.

The servos, Hobby king 9 g jobbies, same as the wing, are in the fuz and the fuz is covered.

I only intend to fly her in front of my face on the field at work so no heavy duty stuff needed. Total Spend £17.00.

Another plane out of Dibley Towers, that will own the skies above the West Midlands, Well..............,until it crashes into a drone from Amazon, bearing gifts from afar.

laughlaugh

D.D.

A bit of fun......................but do you think I will be able to see her in front of the trees. ????

I found a rather loverly motor mount under the cowl, I just had to open the hole at the front of the cowl, to get the prop driver through.

Nice little interlude whilst waiting for the weather to brighten so I can go and maiden the 120.

I need to order one of Mr Smeeds creations next I think, I'm getting bored again.

D.D.

img_20190606_234051.jpg

img_20190606_234110.jpg

I did some testing of my bitsa power setup today, here are the results.

The model weighs in at 1240 g, (2.5 Lbs) all up inc lipo. I should be able to tootle round on half throttle.

ESC is a hobbywing 50A. so 20% margin observed.

img_20190607_133114.jpg

Also...........my decals from Pyramid came today..............Just the Job......smile d

D.D.

img_20190607_125911.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 20/06/2019 18:36:49:

One of them said he was growing a beard and changing his shirt.

If they had Bowler hats they could pass as the Thompson Twins.

I dug the Plan out for the L'il cub today and had a look.

D.D.

I once got talking to a couple of blokes in a bar. It turned out that they were identical twins but I didn't recognise them as such because one wore a beard and the other was clean shaven! Lol as young people say! laugh

I got them from Hobby King Steven. They are 1/6th scale

I had ordered some from probuild on back order, called Miracle 1/6th pilots, but they cancelled the order on me.

The ones from Hobby King are not quite the same but are a close enough alternative.

Here's a miracle one in the Moth.

img_20170628_232000.jpg

He changed his shirt too.......................and got taller. LOL

img_20170629_213423.jpg

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 23/06/2019 00:00:05

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, How all you Guys been ??

You know what, I only did taxi tests, but there was plenty of power there Tim.

Sorry if this was too late to help. LOL.

I am now retired...........YAY !!  Been Ill with Epilepsy, caused by Anxiety at work so we will see what she flies like next year, Hopefully......If I can remember how to do it !!

D.D.

Been playing with this of late, to keep the old grey cells going.

IMG-20221118-WA0003.thumb.jpg.ba2539635a675d3b75d2a9863b5f8fa8.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Dwain, thanks for the info.  I did go for the same power setup as you, so sounds like it will be OK.

My model is almost done now, after working on it, on and off, all year!  I ended up glassing the fuselage and tail etc and Oratex for the wing.  I've based my version on a real aircraft which belongs to a friend of a clubmate.  I'll post a pic or two shortly.

Sorry to hear you've been poorly.  You'll love retirement - I've had seven years of it now and the only thing I miss about work is the comradeship!