Six Nations 2019

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

Posted by Peter Jenkins on 03/02/2019 10:39:23:
Posted by Don Fry on 02/02/2019 20:30:32:

After last year, shut up Peter.

Just saying!

Yea, your quite right. Trouble with being English is eternally wondering if the team will turn up, and have had a read of the rules.

Week two then, two games Saturday and one Sunday.

Scotland v Ireland. Should be a cracker, Ireland to bounce back ?

Italy v Wales. Could be a long day for the Italian lads, Wales with bonus point.

England v France. Which French team will turn up ? Which England team will turn up. crook

Same again please Eddie, fast defence and quick to the breakdown. rose

Very exited, menus planned, SWMBO somewhat dismayed at the workload.

I fancy Scotland. Close

Wales, don't know. Last week they were in headless chicken mode to halftime, then the coach told them what to do, and the French coach didn't. Bizarre game.

England, ditto.

So I will sit in wait. Got me tank sorted today. That's one problem sorted.

The ditto refers to John's comments, not bizzarity of the last line. Keep up.

Edited By Don Fry on 08/02/2019 19:07:25

The only conceivable connection between this post and the title at the top is the fact that I will not be able to progress any of the numerous projects this Sunday, when the weather might be flyable. No tubing in the Infinitelycomplex 90, no re-maiden of the PTSD Wot 4, no heart transplant for the Yak, no running in of Lasers, playing with new Yeti radio or even vacuuming.

Got to go to Twickenham instead. Do you think they’ll let me in with a bottle of French red and a gilet jaune, to express my heartfelt thanks to M. Micron and his progressive policies concerning Brexit?

Not been before, just want to ensure the dress code is compliant. Not that I’ll be wearing a dress.

BTC

Why does the England team sing the UK National Anthem before the game? It perhaps OK when the game is against France or Italy (and arguably against Ireland) but what will they sing when they play Wales or Scotland? After all, it's their National Anthem too.

I actually watched the England/France match and actually enjoyed it though the rules have changed since I last played myself - at school in 1955

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 10/02/2019 17:11:15:

Why does the England team sing the UK National Anthem before the game? It perhaps OK when the game is against France or Italy (and arguably against Ireland) but what will they sing when they play Wales or Scotland? After all, it's their National Anthem too.

I actually watched the England/France match and actually enjoyed it though the rules have changed since I last played myself - at school in 1955

Geoff

No idea, it irritates me, we should have our own song.