I ordered a fuel tank from Steve at Propguy on 9th Jan...he responded to say it was not in stock angry but expected new stock early February.

I’ve repeatedly tried calling him, left voicemails and emailed him to no avail for the past two to three weeks to chase up delivery but had absolutely no response....having paid for the tank and a cradle (circa £39) I am a bit miffed to say the least.

Has anyone else been able to contact Propguy or had similar issues in the last few weeks?

Jon

Advert

Thanks Denis

I have ordered stuff from them before and whilst there have been delays at least I could get in contact to progress things...I wondered if anyone knew of any problems (health, etc) that may be affecting their ability to respond. Equally if there is another way of getting in contact with them that would help as I don't have any social media accounts...

Edited By Jon Laughton on 27/02/2019 08:58:54

This was posted on their Facebook page on 13th Feb...

"Apologies if you are trying to call. I am away overseas, normal answering calls however Sim Card has decided to fail so I cannot receive make calls or texts until further notice. I can however respond to emails most times with 24 hrs. Our website and distribution of products are not effected apart from new requirements from HMRC which is preventing us from clearing imports at the present time. Very disappointed with HMRC the the last advisory was ' we aim to respond within 15 days'...

Shambolic!"

(NB - The "Shambolic" is part of his post, not my addition) 

Edited By MattyB on 27/02/2019 10:49:22

This is why i wont take orders for things i dont have. If i dont have it/cant guarantee the delivery i wont take the order and certainly wont take any money. I know that causes frustration at times, and i admit its not the perfect solution, but this is the other option and i think its by far the greater of the two evils.

I hope you get it sorted

I have ordered from the PROPGUY on at least a dozen occasions and have always been happy with his service.

It's not easy in this day and age to be a one man band, and if new products are to be brought to market time overseas (where 99% of the products we use come from) is going to be the only way to do business.

Should he make sure that there is someone to talk to while he's away YES !

Our hobby is a shrinking market and anyone that is trying to expand their service to it should be given a little leeway and helped with constructive feed back. Not everyone is a natural business owner !

Leaving people dangling for two months isn't going to win anybody over. Regardless of giving leeway. Customer comes first. Communication is key here. Long run, people appreciate being kept in the loop. Stock not arriving as expected, let them know, offer them the choice of refund or wait, either way, they leave without a sour taste.

If the shop is still running and the proprietor is expecting to take calls abroad, then perhaps more than one SIM card and/or phone might just have been a good idea, you know, in case.

The whole thing sort of suggests a lack of organisation which doesn't bode well for mail order. If you're an insider and you know different, feel free to correct, that's just my impressions of the stuff that is posted here.