6s lipo battery and shipment ?

tigerman

Are we on the verge of finding it hard to find someone who will ship large lipo batteries .ie 6s 5000 and above .I think you find that the UK HK warehouse will not ship any lipo bigger then 6s 4500 and it looks like a lot of retail model shop might go the same way It looks like if you want a 6s lipo in the future the only way you will be able to get a 6s lipo is to buy either 2 3 s or a 4s and a 2s and connect them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advert

Actually, I've just had a look on the HK website and found several high capacity 6S packs in the UK Warehouse.

I've put one of these in my cart and got all the way to the payment stage including selecting shipping options.

I'd be curious to know where the OP's info comes from that HK won't ship such batteries?

Posted by tigerman on 08/03/2019 13:20:08:

Are we on the verge of finding it hard to find someone who will ship large lipo batteries .ie 6s 5000 and above .I think you find that the UK HK warehouse will not ship any lipo bigger then 6s 4500 and it looks like a lot of retail model shop might go the same way It looks like if you want a 6s lipo in the future the only way you will be able to get a 6s lipo is to buy either 2 3 s or a 4s and a 2s and connect them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had 2x 6s 5000mah batteries delivered from HK Uk warehouse just a few weeks ago - shipped via parcelforce 24

I think it's just RM that are cagey about batteries and not just LiPos. I had to lie when I posted a transmitter I'd sold on eBay that there were no batteries in the parcel ... I was ashamed of myself blush It was an old FF7 with the usual NiMH battery pack.

Geoff

Royal Mail's license does not allow them to handle "hazardous" items such as paint or LiPo batteries or pressure vessels.

This has been the case for a number of years, but retailers just ship your tin of Humbrol, Turnigy 6S Lipo or new Robart air reservoir for your retracts via a courier.

HK UK and 4-Max have always used Parcel Force as their courier which is why they have been able to ship Lipos without difficulty.

I suspect that since the OP has not returned that we have all been trolled!

Posted by Ikura on 09/03/2019 08:01:09:

Geoff, you are allowed to ship batteries with Royal Mail if they are fitted to a device they are intended for. It doesn't really make a lot of sense because one would think batteries shipped this way would be more likely to short out or become active.

There are far too many pointless rules and regulations in this country these days.

Actually, I think I'd included a spare battery but it was a while ago.

Pointless regulations? Not so sure. Years ago I used to write assembler software for microprocessors when they were very new devices. We were all hardware designers and knew nothing about software beyond teaching ourselves from the data sheet. I'd review what I'd written and occasionally found apparently purposeless sub-routines and delete them. It was only then I discovered why I'd included them because things went wrong in strange ways. I suspect the same may be true of some apparently pointless rules and it's not until they are repealed that we discover why they were there in the first place ie the rules of unintended consequences.

Just sayin'

Geoff

Yes the Post Office interrogation. I have never had the courage to answer how I would like to but wouldnt be great to answer in a clear voice with something totally outrageous whilst stood at the head of a long bored queue.

So guys lets have some suggestions, apologies if this is off topic but I think the OPs question has been answered

Edited By gangster on 09/03/2019 15:53:55