Radio, servo malfunction

Hi,

I have a new small scale electric areobatic model. All set up and ready to fly about a month ago. Thursday, took it down to the patch to maiden. Switched everything on. Cheched ailerons, next thing full port rudder, and ele moving around. Unoluged te Lipo., reattchedthe lipo, and again, same responce. Put that model aside and flew another.

Back home, same thing again. Tried another rx, no good. Same with a third.

So, next thing, wrote out a second model on the Tranny. Same response.t resort. tried another tx. same problem.

Left it alone to try the following day. Same thing, as expected. Then I disconnected the two aileron servos. Normal service resumed. Next, I connected two..different brand...servos to the aileron leads....NO problem.

The servos were unused,Tower Pro, which I thing I bought from Bangood.

What i do not understand is how when operating the aileron stick, is how these poor servos can affect the other controls.

Anone have any ideas.

Advert

They must make millions of these so a few dodgy one must creep in from time to time . As Denis says If they work from new, then they will usually last their lifetime without trouble You did test them before installation didn't you ?

Possibly the heavier current drian from the duff servo will affect the other servos ?

Sometimes i found that the extension leads had caused problems with the servos, especially in the ailerons. Plugged them in, and both or one weren't working, or working weird, such as move the stick, the servo moves, then overshoots and flaps around central before stopping. Obviously, you can't fly that!

I don’t know if it is true but I have heard there are clones of tower pro servos about. I have had problems with one. In use for a couple of years no issues. Then one flying session no elevator on pre flight checks. Ele servo was so hot lower case was melted. Not sure if it was real or clone

Thank you for all your help. Firstly, I hard solder all my extension leads myself using heavy duty servo wire. Also the leads are not that long. Second, the radio is 2.4 Spektrum, six years of faultless service. Thirdly the esc rating is only 2.0 amps. I checked the Individual servos which for a 13gram unit have a very high current draw of 400 mah rising to nearly an amp. It would appear as suggested this was causing the problem.

So now I know the way forward, and thank you all for you input.