CAA registration consulation

Hi again all. The article I tried to copy is behind a firewall so I can’t now see it to cut and paste but my mate from down under in Oz has kindly dug up this video which covers only a small part of the article however it confirms to me “what they can’t do over there they might as well do over here” so I am sure they are starting the ball rolling and if you look at the video it tells you why. Just like BREXIT it’s all about MONEY & the big boys... Regards Peter.

Edited By PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 05/05/2019 13:06:31

Done...!

CAA online proposal responded to.

Richard Moriarty - Baroness - MP John Redwood all e-mailed....

I'm in.... First time I have ever got involved with something like this.... lets hope there are more like me that will respond to the call to arms...

I have previously completed the "consultation" and written to my MP. I have now also written to Baroness Vere, with copies to the CAA, my MP and the All Party Parliamentary Group on General Aviation. I have also sent copies of my letter to the secretaries of all the clubs to which I belong.

Whilst it pays to be polite to these people, we should also be firm and remember that even the Baroness is a public servant - not our master! It never hurts to remind them of this!

Get writing, folks, and spread the word. If anyone wants a copy of my letter, I will gladly post it here.

--

Pete

This consultation is another part of a longer term strategy .... check out this document:

Flying High - "Shaping the future of drones in UK cities"

One thing it does talk about is identifying exclusion zones within which drone activity is banned ... everything from airports, nuclear power stations to prisons etc. The use of geo-fencing will stop access to these areas by GPS enabled drones.

Of course what we need as model flyers, is our club sites to be recoginised and our fields segregated to stop commercial drones flying across them, thereby creating the aerial separation that this process is all about.

The drone no-fly zone imposition has already happened with DJI drones, following a recent software update that was pushed out by the company.

If the BMFA is successful with lobbying the CAA, then my crystal ball tells me that this is where we will end up - registered model flyers operating from within a geo-fenced flying site.

Lets wait and see how it all pans out and support the BMFA in their efforts!

That makes interesting reading Andy, particularly pages 17 and 18. Their polls show that 80 to 90 % of the public support government uses for drones but less than 40 % support other uses including hobbyists. I suppose it depends on who they're paying to carry out the polls and what results they'll then publish!!

I haven't read all 254 pages yet.

I will add that I have responded, as others, to the CAA and my local MP. I'll also be writing to Baroness Vere.

Edited By julian on 05/05/2019 22:48:43

Flying High - Shaping the future of drones in UK cities...................I'm sorry, but this is a so heavily spun, much of it is actually, and quite unintentionally I'm sure.... funny. The usual vacuous, corporate new-speak that we had listen to at work. Candidate for the next booker prize for fiction perhaps? Still dangerous though, people in authority actually believe this stuff.

Delivery drones.............still waiting.

Edited By Cuban8 on 06/05/2019 09:04:30

If drone deliveries took place in the USA think what a fantastic target they would make yes.

They would be be dropping out of the sky everywhere riddled with bullet holes.

Rat a tat tat.

So that's why Amazon & Google they have to try and get their drones up and running elsewhere .

Stinks of a nice backhander don't it sarcastic

Think of all the nice big investigations that will happen when an Amazon / Google drone falls out of the sky in a highly populated area and causes lots of damage or even death - but that won't happen will it...

Got NOTHING to do with safety they just want up safe club flyers out of their airspace.

What do others think - evidence is there...

Check it out...

Regards Peter Bruce

Accessing The Financial Times Article

To bypass the need to sign up, click on the top of page search option symbol, then paste

“Model aircraft enthusiasts prove unlikely foe for Amazon”

www.ft.com

(For tablets you will need to tick the “Desktop Site”option in the browser, as the search is omitted from the mobile version of the webpage)

I've just sent my three emails and filled in the response form a few days back.

Edited By Ray Dunn on 06/05/2019 12:56:44

Posted by PETER BRUCE - Eastchurch Gap on 06/05/2019 13:07:42:

Hi Ray. Thanks for that - try as I might I could not crack it so had to post the video....

Regards Peter

Sorry. That method doesn't work for me now.

I originally got in from a Google search on

Ray

Posted by Ray Dunn on 06/05/2019 12:56:19:

Accessing The Financial Times Article

To bypass the need to sign up, click on the top of page search option symbol, then paste

www.ft.com

(For tablets you will need to tick the “Desktop Site”option in the browser, as the search is omitted from the mobile version of the webpage)

I've just sent my three emails and filled in the response form a few days back.

Edited By Ray Dunn on 06/05/2019 12:56:44

Didn't work for me Ray but this did.

...but following the link I pasted didn't.  I also got to it my pasting Model aircraft enthusiasts prove unlikely foe for Amazon into my browser.

Edited By Martin Harris on 06/05/2019 13:47:02

Done the consultation, written to the Baroness and Moriarty on 100 gm paper(!) and sent by snail mail and emailed my MP. It would be interesting to know how many BMFA members have actually answered the Call to Action and done all 4 actions requested. I do hope it is at least 70%.

Posted by Percy Verance on 06/05/2019 17:46:18:

Does anyone know when the meeting between the BMFA head honcho and the Minister for Aviation takes place?

I'm not a BMFA member, but the outcome is likely to affect us all so I'd like to know all the same.....

Edited By Percy Verance on 06/05/2019 17:49:20

The BMFA website is being updated regularly on the subject.

I have a feeling that this meeting will just be the first round. The BMFA will know how keen everyone is to be updated, but I wouldn't expect too much from the initial get-together.

But even if it goes very quiet for a while, that may not be bad news, as it will indicate talks are in progress. I'll be much more worried if it all falls at the first hurdle.

In the meantime, its up to us - all of us - to keep the pressure on.

--

Pete

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 06/05/2019 15:07:36:

Worth reading that FT article about the AMA opposition. I just googled the heading.

Yep, not quite sure why that navigated the paywall successfully but that worked for me too...

**LINK**

...but doesn’t seem to work direct! Hey ho. Just google it!

Edited By MattyB on 06/05/2019 19:29:01