Rugby World Cup 2019.

john stones 1 - Moderator

Advert

Token Scotsman here.

Bit disappointed that England lost if only for the desire to see the cup come to the NH for a change.

However, I feel England continue to suffer from a problem I feel they've had for a long time and that is the inability to execute a plan B when things start to go wrong. If the game plan works, they're amongst the best in the world but when things start to go awry there seems to some sort of mental blockage (the Calcutta cup comes to mind). Having said that, when your scrum is so comprehensively dominated, it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

Just a pity they couldn't save their best game for last.

Not into the digs. You show disrespect with the here's where it went wrong comments, it went wrong because the Boks played better in every position, and gave a World Champions performance, plan B doesn't exist when the opponent plays that well, look back 1 week, where was the A.Bs plan B ?

Lads are down because they gave everything for 4 years, I forgive em a bit of sulking, not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ? Here's a dog, looks a bit down, you can kick it if you like. dog

You done your online tests yet and ready to register. wink

I am afraid it is not petulance or childish actions re silver medals saga, it's arrogance. This is why I,m sure the rivalry in the six nations is all about. It began with Haka challenge, before the NZ game. One player even refused to move back when asked by the referee ! England are a top world class rugby nation, they should not have to lower themselves to this nonsense. Cheers, gets ww2 helmet from shed.

Posted by john stones 1 on 02/11/2019 17:07:09:

Not into the digs. You show disrespect with the here's where it went wrong comments, it went wrong because the Boks played better in every position, and gave a World Champions performance, plan B doesn't exist when the opponent plays that well, look back 1 week, where was the A.Bs plan B ?

Lads are down because they gave everything for 4 years, I forgive em a bit of sulking, not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ? Here's a dog, looks a bit down, you can kick it if you like. dog

Not into digs? "not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ?"

Pot, kettle, black etc.

Next time I won't bother supporting England.

And, no. I haven't indecision

While I'm a little sad that the team couldn't raise themselves to act with a bit more grace, we should applaud their efforts in reaching the last 2 and beating the All Blacks convincingly along the way. However, I had to have a wry smile at one of the critics on this forum who berated them for not showing any pleasure in accepting their "losers" medals. Surely they were "runners up" and that comment subtly reveals the general attitude of the average punter, however outraged they may profess themselves.

Edited By Martin Harris on 02/11/2019 19:54:01

Posted by Michael Ramsay-Fraser on 02/11/2019 19:05:16:
Posted by john stones 1 on 02/11/2019 17:07:09:

Not into digs? "not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ?"

Pot, kettle, black etc.

Next time I won't bother supporting England.

And, no. I haven't indecision

I'm in the bad books again, " Not as if the rest of our Countries set much of an example of late is it ".

I wasn't referring to the home nations rugby nor their conduct, my apologies.

Don, you're quite correct. I'd be happy to see any Nh team bring the cup home and, yes, even England.

Martin, apologies. You're correct too. I should have said runners up medals. Still think the attitude was wrong though as was the teams 'stunt' before the AB game and rightly fined for it. However, please don't assume I'm an 'average punter'. I doubt you know anything about my involvement with the game as I don't know anything about yours.

The day rugby players start acting like petulant, overpaid footballers is the day I give up being involved with the game.

I’m into football rather than rugby generally but one of the things I like about rugby is the respect shown by the players to the refs, other teams etc..

i can’t comment on them taking off the medals, as I turned off after yet another penalty gift which took the game away from England.

SA were great, but England never turned up. Perhaps they thought this would be a formality after beating the AB.

Very disappointing performance.