TN Hurricane

Marko

Hi all, good to see there are some more of you doing this great build!  I've had mine on hold for a while (95% finished) while i build up some more flight hours to have the confidence to fly it!  ...only been flying for 9 months or so, but put in lots of time on the sim as well.  Tony says this model flies much more scale with some rudder input during turns, so ive been practicing that as well.  Its all painted up now in SEAC (south east asian command) colours along with the registration number and little cowling picture that my grand father had on his hurri in Burma during WW2. The other variation is that i put a dust filter on mine as that is what the hurricane IIc had. will post some pics shortly.

Anyone flown there's yet?? Charles have you remaidened?? And anyone gone for a 3 blade prop and if so what diam and pitch did you use??

Mid July is going to be my maiden.. so in the meantime more hours on my 36" edge 540 and the Hellcat i've just bought!!

Sandy

Advert

Hi Bryan
         I all ways make my own decals,I use solartrim and cut out the size of decal I want and also the same for the lettering.There is a little trick if you want to try doing them yourself,I use a pair of dividers and replace one point with a brand new scapel blade then I cut the smallest roundel out first,but the trick is put the dividers into solar trim both point and blade into your building board then turn the solartrim keeping the dividers static in the board,then stick the first roundel on to the next colour and so on.Have a go it's pretty easy.
     Cheers Chris

Hi Myron
  Well I can't be 100% sure if solartrim will adhere to solartex as I use it on solarfilm,litespan and oracover,but what I have done in the past is before I stick
the solartrim on to an airframe is to give it a light coating of Formula'560' canopy glue,that sorts out any coming unstuck issue's,

hope that help's bit
 Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Chris on the tip for decals. sorry could not get back sooner on that.

Well have now painted the Hurricane and now just waiting till till weekend to
give good rub down and see what we got.
But i think it,s looking good.
Shall get a couple of photos up this weekend all going well.
Then i shall have a go at those decals .

It looks a bit quite here, everyone building like crazy just like me.lol
 Has anyone gone out flying yet.?

Ok have finished  painting the top and detailing, just waiting on decals now.
I did do panel lines and i think it all worked out pretty good.
This is my first time trying all this so pretty happy with it.
Next up date will be finished project.

So let me know what you think..

Thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan
   The hurri's starting to get there mate,looking good,mine's sitting all charged up and waiting for a window in the weather,maybe tommorow(sunday) I might just get a break.
 We will have to meet up at Matamata later in the year and put them up together
Chris

Hi There,

Thanks guys for the comments, Doug i covered it in solartex , then got cans mixed  and painted  it. It looks a bit red the brown in the photo but it's not so red in real life.
Yes Chris would love to meet up and do that. I hope the weather is good tomorrow
not so flash right now though a . Just pouring down..
Well hope to get it ready for flying in a fortnight i can't wait..

Thanks Bryan

Hi Bill,

I built mine just as the plan said, no washout or flaps, but i think flaps
would look pretty cool if you can do them.
Me not that skilled to try that yet.
If you go back on posts there
was one rib that needed to be cut out so trailing top spar and bottom spar fit.
 Its where the alerions start.. Hope that helps abit. 

I have just finished last coat of clear on mine and shall put it all together tomorrow
and post a finished product photo tomorrow .
hope to fly in a fortnight. Shall post video of  first flight when done.

Cheers Bryan

I think you have done an excellent job Bryan - and you should be very proud to have it in your Hangar. I too prefer the duller brown and green camo scheme, but there are many actual examples of this version, and its a little differetn. You have done well on the weathering too ! Love it.

Thanks guys for your comments,
When i painted it on it did come out alot reder than i thought it would.
I  got them to match the colour of my Hanger 9 p-40, but it is a bit reder than i wanted .
But over all very happy with my first go at scratch building and detailing..

Thanks Bryan

Its a beaut Bryan!

I'm still quite a way off getting mine finished. I've wasted a good bit of time faffing about with getting the U/C speeds right and finding somewhere to hide the air bottle, got it sorted now though (thanks again for your help Timbo) and the last of the stringers fitted.

Hi There,

Thanks Doug and Chris for the comments.
The more i look at it in the shed the more i love it.
I just hope it flys just as well. Im sure it will though..

I hope to test fly on the 25th weather permitting,
Shall make video of it to. Good or bad i shall post it.lol..

Timbo where will i post video when i get it done..
Chris i sent you a message as well.
                                                        Thanks Bryan