35 MHz crystals

Paul Ellis 4

Advert

Posted by Paul Ellis 4 on 18/03/2020 19:14:45:

I didn't realise that Transmitters had that option.

R/C transmitters generally dont, but many transmitters are single-conversion superhet
frequency-shifting by mixing isnt unique to receivers smiley

Where multiplication also multiplies the modulation, heterodyne mixing doesnt affect the modulation so is advantageous in some applications.

Paul I could give you a matched pair, I dont have 61 but I have a spare pair of single conversion 70' s ?

Phil

Edited By Phil Green on 18/03/2020 23:58:21

Posted by Andrew Ray on 19/03/2020 04:34:20:
Posted by PatMc on 18/03/2020 21:30:52:
Posted by Paul Ellis 4 on 18/03/2020 19:14:45:

I didn't realise that Transmitters had that option.

They haven't.

Have I missed something? I still have two 35mHz transmitters that use crystals and every 35mHz transmitter I have ever had used them.

Edited By Andrew Ray on 19/03/2020 04:35:02

I believe the reference was to single and double conversion which is a dependent on the filter design in the receiver. As I remember it the tx crystal was the same regardless of whether you used single or double conversion receivers.

Peter, I still have both my FF8 and FF9s though I think I only have one module between them and no ideas where I may have put their aerials. Maybe I should polish them up and use them as wall art?

Posted by Peter Christy on 19/03/2020 11:01:10:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 19/03/2020 10:07:15:Peter, I still have both my FF8 and FF9s though I think I only have one module between them and no ideas where I may have put their aerials. Maybe I should polish them up and use them as wall art?

Convert them to 2.4 GHz!

wink

--

Pete

Pete, I did and they still have their FrSky DFT modules in place complete with aerials exiting out of the tx case. That's why I've misplaced the 35MHz aerials.

As I replaced them first with a Taranis and then a Horus they are definitely surplus to requirements. I also have a handful of DnR receivers to go with them, also redundant.

Yes, I could convert the D8Rs etc to D16 with Mike's firmware but since selling off my IC models I also have a handful of spare XnR receivers!laugh

Posted by Doc Marten on 19/03/2020 12:28:17

Why not use them on 35meg?

They are both quality TX's and modules are about £10, if not a 2.7gig module is about £30.

Doc, I gave up using mixed 35 and 2.4 after a couple of unextended aerial incidents.  The less I have to think about the longer my airframes last wink.  New batteries would probably cost more than the modules, then the cost of crystals etc.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 19/03/2020 13:23:55

Posted by Doc Marten on 19/03/2020 13:47:11:

Fair enough, shame not to use decent trannies though.

Yes, they were well made, but OpenTX on the FrSky makes it look stone-age, and the Horus appears well built so far. Will I have the same opinion in 10 years? Depends whether we are still flying.

I do wonder - if 2.4 becomes too crowded and unusable will we see 35Mhz modules to plug into our 2.4GHz sets?cool