Flair SE5a kit

Advert

You are allowed 12 photos Free Maurice, so prepare a folder 1st of the kit, the wheels the gun.for download.

You can have a reserve price set so as not to give the kit away.

Unless something is rare, then the price would struggle to be half of new price.

If you wanted £132.57 for the kit then list of as Buy it now, £132.57.

For auction, just list at your lowest, say £50, and let the bidders take it up

Listing for 10 days gets the best results finishing after 7pm

But in lockdown people are not at work.

Posting is ideal as Collecting from you is a Police offence at the moment

Maurice, Another option is to have both an auction and 'Buy it Now'. This costs 50p extra, but on a kit of the value of the Flair SE5a, it is worth it. The 'Buy It Now' option disappears as soon as someone bids, so there is an incentive to someone wanting the model to use that option as soon as possible. On the other hand, if a bidder wants to take a chance at getting it for less than the 'Buy it Now', they can start the bidding. Either way you have a committed buyer.
The only catch is that the 'Buy it Now' price must be at least 40% above the starting bid price.

It is also not unknown for auctions to go up beyond the seller's original 'Buy it Now' price.

As Denis says, use all 12 photos, and make every one of them count (show something the others don't). As well as a photo of the box lid and contents in the box, the opened out plan, instructions and decals' lay the bits out in small groups and take a close-up picture of each so a knowledgable buyer can see that everything is there (this is in addition to you going through the parts list, cross-checking it yourself and telling them that). If you do find any damage, show a picture. Buyers are generally ok knowing there is a torn plan or replacing some wood if they know in advance. They'll be less happy if they thought they were getting a pristine kit and its not.

Its also worth telling the potential buyers how you will be packing the kit to make sure they receive it in the best possible condition (Although Flair are pretty good in this respect, if the original packaging is still there). Explain how you will wrap any loose parts in bubble wrap and tape so they can't move around inside the box wreaking destruction. In addition, state that you will be wrapping the kit box in bubble wrap and wrapping it in another layer of corrugated cardboard. If you were buying a Flair kit as a much wanted present for a loved one, you would be pretty unimpressed if you received the kit box with the courier label just taped on the front.

Good luck!

Robin

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 22/05/2020 00:49:32

• 7 months later...
Posted by Mike Lavigne on 24/12/2020 15:40:16:

I recently picked up a Flair Se5A kit at a club auction. I am in Canada but paid the equivalent of 35 pounds for the kit. It is complete and never started.

Mike, in the words of the guy on the wall in 'Life of Brian' and without even a smidgeon of envy laugh:

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 24/12/2020 16:35:34

Posted by leccyflyer on 26/12/2020 11:30:49:

Flair scout kits regularly go on ebay for £180+ - to well over £200 -the old adage of 50% of the cost of a new one certainly doesn't fit in this case. There are a few on sale online at the moment for £215 per kit.

I can't believe what they fetch. At best they're stand off a long way scale though they do fly well and could be improved to be more accurate. My own refurbished and electrified one is ready to fly again once the weather gets warmer and the pandemic restrictions over.

Geoff

You can get drab green rip stop nylon and put it on using dope. This is what my Giant Mannock is covered in. It was then spayed in 2k NATO green but that’s my choice.

You might  need some help in the art of fixing down. Others here will help....I’m useless and need a lesson myself from the builder later in the year.

204bdb1c-ef0a-41cb-b351-fc95528f6503.jpeg

d487f0f1-5c2f-4218-820c-ca1eed9406f0.jpeg

Edited By cymaz on 27/12/2020 06:17:10

Edited By cymaz on 27/12/2020 06:18:50

Edited By cymaz on 27/12/2020 06:19:29