RCM&E July 2020 issue chat

kevin b

Advert

August? Has there been a July issue? The June issue is still the latest one shown here on the forum at the top of this page.

I am looking for the issue with the Miss Sizzle plan which month is it in?

Thanks Eric & Bob thats what I needed to know - I particularly want that plan and took out a subscription to RCME just for that plan without going into the shops as I normally would. However it seems you need to take out a subscription around a month beforehand to get the issue. A phone call to MyTimeMedia has hopefully adjusted that for me - we will see......

Mine arrived Thursday - had a quick flick through last night, but my first impression was how thin the magazine is. More on a par with the latter days of QEFI or FSM than RCM&E. I'm sure there is an explanation for this and recall the editor did mention the reduced content in the previous issue - is it less advertising, or less to report on? Perhaps an opportunity for a heavily workshop-based lockdown special to replace the usual Autumn special?

I think that Alex Whittaker's musings on workshop stuff has been a really interesting read in recent issues. With so many folks having spent so much more time in the workshop,over the spring due to enforced lack of flying, you would imagine that there might be renewed interest. I saw that Alex had appealed for reader's tales of their own workshop activities which again, I'd definitely find interesting.

The last special was centred around 7 rather similar simple sports model plan builds - maybe there is scope for something a bit more advanced on workshop techniques. Danny Fenton's how to articles on things like working with lithoplate, fibreglass techniques and other scale projects are among the first things that I read and can;t get enough of that.

I love to see Invertmast's work, but I cringe when I see lithoplate cut with scissors....

Anyway I think there is a complement in there Leccy, Much appreciated

My column in this months magazine I was really pleased with. a nice mix of full size and model regarding the Grumman,and my families link.

Anyway there will be much more litho-plate bashing in the next column, as a taster how about these wheel covers....

806.jpg

Cheers

Danny

Whats wrong with using a pair of scissors to cut litho? A good pair of scissors seems better than aircraft snips for cutting curves.. Just don't use your wife's best dressmaking scissors if you like your dinners cooked - get another pair for the workshop. Of course straight lines in lithoplate may be better if cut with a scalpel and ruler.

OK Danny I will try that next time!   Learn something new each day.......  Must remember to wear my gardening gloves or put extra Elastoplast in the workshop though.  

Somewhere I read about some 'plastic' for templates that was cut by flexing and was said to cut into curves that way too. Cannot think what it was called.

Edited By kc on 27/06/2020 19:07:17