Ballerina by EarlyBird

Advert

I have done very little today but I have the best excuse ever, I went flying yessmiley

I am having difficulty working out the design of the trim at the back of the canopy. This will be the finishing touch to the covering and I have decided that some colour is needed as it is plain white at the moment. No rush need to do some more hmm thinking thinking.

Flying again tomorrow though.

Cheers beer

Steve

I am having problems with photographs sad yesterday first was fine then next two not at all good. I did nothing different and did not change the camera settings so dont know embarrassed

Started assembling by gluing in the last hinges and installing the snake inners. Second wing control horn screwed in. Ironed down all of the joints and final, maybe, cover ironing.

Today I will focus on the pictures and try to work out what is going on,

Good pictures later, I hope.smiley

Cheers beer

Steve

Steve,

I've followed this build log from the start - nicely made you should be proud of the model it looks great.

Buy a pilot for that cockpit and add the windscreen it will look even better.

I buy the cheepest supermarket own brand in its plain clear bottle (Morrisons are usually less than a pound I am sure other supermarkets have similar) and then pour the contents down the sink. Bit wasteful but I get the plastic I want for the screen. Actually the Cola isn't too bad anyway if you choose to drink some.

I also fix the screen to the top deck with short servo screws to avoid messy glue. I also drill through the plastic and balsa with the screen taped in place with masking tape to get it in the right place removing that before fixing with the screws. Harden the balsa with a drop of cyano and allow to soak/wick into the balsa prior to offering the screen and screws back to the fuselage.

Well done.

127_looking_at_cockpit.jpg

Thanks for the detailed instructions Nigel and wow how did you do all those colours? Very impressive.

Thanks Peter a trip to the shops is on the list.

Today so far I have fitted the rudder control horn.

Looking at Nigel's picture I need to buy some paint for the inside of the cockpit.

Cheers beer

Steve

Yesterday I bought a bottle of lemonade for the windscreen and fitted it today.

dscn0634.jpg

Easy to do the hardest part was drinking 2L of lemonade, now I remember why I don't drink pop. laugh

No pilot unfortunately but I thought get the maiden over and that way I could save the life of a pilot. wink

Just joking I am sure there will be no problem.

Tomorrow looks promising.

Cheers beer

Steve