Hobby King Postage ??????

tigerman

Can someone explained to me the logic in Hobby King .I wanted a Zippy 6s 6200 lipo .It cost £67 ,not bad for a 6s lipo ,then I found out that Hobby King UK wanted £40 postage .Come Hobby King UK you are having a laugh .Hobby King Europe the postage was £4.00 .What going on at Hobby King ?????? In the end the European ware house was sold out ( I am not surprised if the UK are trying to charge £40 postage .) In the end it would of cost me £107 for a Zippy 6s Lipo from Hobby King .In the end I brought a better quality lipo from Motion RC Europe for £118 with" FREE POSTAGE" the Admiral Pro 6s 6000 lipo The Admiral Pro lipo are by far a better quality lipo then the Zippy lipo .What going on with Hobby King UK do they think that modelers in the UK are dumb Why pay £40 postage when the same shop in Europe charges £4.00. Good by Hobby King UK you have just lost a customers

Edited By tigerman on 22/10/2020 12:11:25

Edited By tigerman on 22/10/2020 12:12:01

No that did not work .Just been on the Hobby King web site ,First I put 2 Zippies in my basket ,came to £140 .Still wanted £40 postage .Then I tried 3 Zippies (£221 ) and even then they wanted £40 postage .Thing it a one big rip off Hobby King UK .All my orders now from Hobby King will be Europe only from now on Hobby King UK have gone barking mad Not tried to see what Hobby King postage would be on a 3s 2200 ,must try that next and see if they still want silly money to post these lipo

WHY CAN HOBBY KING EUROPE POST 6s LIPOs FROM HOLLAND AND ONLY CHARGE £4 BUT HOBBY KING UK CHARGE £40 ( It still has to come from a UK courier from Harwich ,so do not say they use a Dutch courier )

Still everyone has a choice to pay £40 or £4 postage I know what most people will use .Paying £40 makes Hobby King UK one of the most expensive place to buy 6s lipo in the UK now angry

Edited By tigerman on 22/10/2020 15:00:21

While we are on the subject of Hobby King I have purchased a 5000 aHm lipo and have been charged an extra £18.35 by Fedex for unpaid duty and collection fees. I have pointed to Hobby king that they do not state at check out that extra taxes are payable , as a consequence not only are liable for Duty but are charged a fee by the carrier for collection of such fees. Surely this is an illegal practice!!!.( By Hobby King)

I dont mind the payment were due of Duties but I would like the option of wether to buy or not when notified. At the very least it is very underhand.Unlike the position of the previous contribitor, who at least was told of the cost of carraige at the check out.

I would like to hear the views of fellow members.

Bas

Edited By Basil on 22/10/2020 15:07:05

I just went through the process of buying that 6200 6S 40C Zippy from HK UK and they only quoted me £25 postage, are you a UK mainland address?

As for paying duties, surely if you by items over about £20 including carriage from the global warehouse or anywhere else outside of the EU you would know that you will be liable for duties and usually a fee for collecting the duty?  It's not exactly anything new is it?  It's a bonus when things slip through the net without charges.

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 22/10/2020 15:11:43

Posted by Basil on 22/10/2020 15:05:02:

While we are on the subject of Hobby King I have purchased a 5000 aHm lipo and have been charged an extra £18.35 by Fedex for unpaid duty and collection fees. I have pointed to Hobby king that they do not state at check out that extra taxes are payable , as a consequence not only are liable for Duty but are charged a fee by the carrier for collection of such fees. Surely this is an illegal practice!!!.( By Hobby King)

I dont mind the payment were due of Duties but I would like the option of wether to buy or not when notified. At the very least it is very underhand.Unlike the position of the previous contribitor, who at least was told of the cost of carraige at the check out.

I would like to hear the views of fellow members.

Bas

Edited By Basil on 22/10/2020 15:07:05

The following presumes you bought from global warehouse. You quite possibly had free delivery. Free delivery meaning in this case no upfront payment to a courier at point of checkout.

The UK government dictates VAT and Duty and Excise.

If you ask Hobbyking to engage a courier (i.e. Fedex) to deliver your stuff, by default that courier will find a receiving agent within the UK; that may or may not be the UK branch of the same courier or it may be ParcelForce or RM. The agent will charge a handling fee before they go near it to assess value and duty/vat/etc.

You are free to arrange your own collection agent to receive the goods at the point of import if you like. Best of luck if you want to do that.

It is, however, not HobbyKing's responsibility to ensure your personal import complies with the law of the land.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to lots more of this, after the end of year.

Edited By Nigel R on 22/10/2020 15:57:26

"What going on with Hobby King UK do they think that modelers in the UK are dumb "

No, ParcelForce refuse to carry large amounts of lipos any more, in common with many couriers, so the price has gone sky high for posting batteries.

Again, not Hobbyking at fault, as a large shop they simply comply with ParcelForces various rules and regs.

Other shops sending out large batteries for little post cost may not be complying with their couriers rules and regs.

I've just this moment purchased an ESC from HobbyKing.

Postage from Uk to Northern Ireland was £20.66 Tracked, I ordered from the EU site postage was £6.32 Tracked.

I can't understand the UK postage rates, this is not the first time the UK site has quoted me ridiculous postage rates.

I can't justify shopping with the UK site anymore, I suppose they will moan when they get shut down because nobody is using them.

"WHY CAN HOBBY KING EUROPE POST 6s LIPOs FROM HOLLAND AND ONLY CHARGE £4 BUT HOBBY KING UK CHARGE £40 ( It still has to come from a UK courier from Harwich ,so do not say they use a Dutch courier "

They use a Dutch courier with Dutch pricing and Dutch rules and regs on what goes in parcels and how much they charge.

You could try asking ParcelForce to post a single large lipo and see what charges they ask for. Then try the same for a courier located in the Netherlands. You might find Hobbyking aren't setting the prices.

I just bought 2 x 2s lipos through Amazon. The seller was Chinese, but I don't know where they came from. Arrived in less than 10 days and were delivered by Royal Mail. Only downside was that they were in flimsy boxes, packed in a plastic envelope. Fortunately they weren't damaged by the drop through my letterbox !

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035884953-Why-is-there-no-shipping-method-in-checkout-for-LiPo-battery-

If you look there, you will note there is no available service for the UK warehouse to ship to within the UK for >100Wh lipos. The EU warehouse can ship to the UK. Currently.

So perhaps they came from the EU warehouse anyway...

Ive bought several things other than lipos from HK in the last few months. Each time, testing to see whether the postage would be less from their UK warehouse or from Europe, it’s been considerably cheaper from Europe so I’ve ordered from there. OK so you have to wait a bit longer for stuff to turn up from there, but unless it’s urgent I’d rather save the pennies.