K3736- MkI Fury-Jose L.G.

• 1 year later...

Good moring.

Thanks Danny.

These days I`d finished the left wing panel. Added the ribs of the wing tip, top doubler.

hpim1652.jpg

In the pic above I´d added the triangle stock in the aileron area. Once dry I sanded it to the airfoil section and when satisfied I glued the cross grain shrod I made earlier.

hpim1653.jpg

Once dry I removed the wing from the board and glued the bottom doublers of the wing tip.

Also drew in the back of the plan the right wing.

hpim1654.jpg

Todays work has been in the right wing (almost finished.

Pur the spars and ribs. Once aligned and checking their verticality glued them.

hpim1655.jpg

Added the top spar, trailing edge and wingtip. Checked the squareness betwen the parts S1 and S2. reinforced whith a piece of triangle stock.

hpim1657.jpg

The stip that closes the wing in the aileron is oversize. So tomorrow I`ll sand to profile. Also pending the ribs of the wing tip.

Cheers.

José Luis

Edited By Jose L. G. on 11/04/2020 12:14:37

Hi Felow Furimites.

The past days I`ve been working in the right wing panel. Really a good work because of the practice in the left one.

hpim1658.jpg

Added the triangle stock. Onece dry I sanded to follow the wing profile and next glued the shoud of the aileron.

hpim1659.jpg

Next on the agendawill be the ailerons, so marked the position of the ribs on the balsa. I noticed that this must be modified.

hpim1660.jpg

Next I joined the left panel to de central part using epoxi and micribalons. I`d added balsa suports to the first rib in the outer paner before cutting the slots for the ply joiners. Also I`d made a new set of ribs for the outer panel becase I will not be able to cut the rib in halft.

hpim1661.jpg

Cheers.

José Luis

Edited By Jose L. G. on 14/04/2020 10:15:30

Thanks Danny. Much appreciated.

You are really at the end of your buid. Just my .1 cent.

Today work will be glue the right panel to the center section. Also add the missing rib on the lef pannel. The supports will be cut later. Once done I`ll cut appart the three panels.

On gluing the parts I`ve noted two errors. First I`d used a wider trailing edge stip in the center section. easy solution cut the overlap and supplement in the front of the trailing edge.

Second. Also in the center section. I`ve used a1/16 false leading edge instead of 1/8. So Add another stip of 1/16 and voila.

Cheers.

José Luis

Hello.

A big of progress. Glued the tip panel to the center section. Added the new ribs an once dry cut the panels free.

hpim1662.jpg

hpim1663.jpg

In the pic above I´ve added shear webs to the remaining gaps betwen ribs, front and rear.

To cut the shearwebs I use a machine square and x-acto. To determine the how wide the shearweb will be I use a callipers to measure the gap.

hpim1664.jpg

hpim1665.jpg

Shearwebs in the outer left panel. In the front spars I´ve added in front and rear of thr spars. In the rear spars only in front. But I added both sides until the aileron begins.

hpim1666.jpg

Begin working in yhe ailerons. The curved parts of the trailing edge is missing in my parts set. Not too difficult to make.

Cheers,

José Luis

Hi Danny and Martin (and all people). Thanks for looking up.

Danny, I remember how you did the ailerons, and before begin working on the plane after one year "hiatus" I checked yor thread and other people for refreshing my mind.

I was trying to emulate but checking the plan and parts I started a mock-up but started adding some glue.

Now I`m planning what to do. Before continue with the wing pannels I think that Will be posible to add the top leading Edge sheeting and top cap strips. Also need the detachable part of the fuse ready for the struts of the wing. So approaching some wire vending I looked at the fuse today.

Sanded the taper on the bottom stringers of the fuse. Added some filling pieces betwen the stringers in the trailing Edge of the bottom wing. Also sanded the foam blocks I glued in the bottom part of the fuse..

Cheers.

José Luis.

Hi Eric. Thanks for the pic. Probably I`d lost the parts.crying. Now replaced with hand cut ones. I`ve also misplaced the ply par that joins the fin to the fuse. Me too wanting to see it finished.

Danny. Thanks. Your right ¡. Still a millions things to do.

Today finis sanded the infill betwen the bottom spars at the trailing edge of the wing (No pic, sorry).

Suported the ailerons inverted and glud the leading, trailing edge and ribs.

hpim1668.jpg

Prepared the brass parts that will hold the top wing.

hpim1669.jpg

Tomorrow will bend the wires... (I think).

Cheers.

José Luis.

Jose my balsa pack didn't have this wing tip and ael parts so I just winged it and made it up as i we t along. Yes Eric is right about the brass v parts drove me mad trying to figure it out was even at the point of building a new centre section but I came to my senses

Hi Fellow modellers ¡

Back to work. The past days I`ve been working in the mounts of the central part of the top wing. Bending the top part of the wires has been a pain to mnage a good fit of yhe panel. I had to remake the back wire (too short).

First I remade the brass "V" parts cuttinf and soldering.

hpim1670.jpg

Mounted the wires on the fuse part

hpim1672.jpg

The "V" has benn epoxi glued.

Jigging all the parts.

hpim1675.jpg

The supports have fixed with tape some squares 3D printed and weighted and nailed to the board. Put some 1/16 blsa strip under the wing for the missing sheeting/capstrips.

Nex soldered to the brass parts bolted to the wing. Made the cross bars, stitched with copper wire and soldered. Put on the fuse for a show.

hpim1676.jpg

Next I`ll begin adding sheeting and capstrips.

Cheers.

José Luis