Thanks Jose' the spinner nut arrived today, next flight it will look better with the spinner on, hope there will be enough air coming in through the exhaust holes. As the weather is back to normal I will add a little more detail now that I am happy with the flight test.

Cheers Eric..

Hi Eric no I haven't yet I have finished my hovercrafts and am waiting for an opportunity to try them out on a big space when the weather improves meanwhile I have decided to draw up some plans for a shoulder wing creation with a jet-like profile 44 " span no UC folding front prop drive hopefully a floater we will see It's a bit of fun and I have enough wood and bits. I decided to call it SUNFISH. I need to completely tidy and arrange my hanger to give me room for the Fury, Oh by the way what wire did you use for your rigging I had decided to use plastic coated wire fishing line I don't know how well that will do >

Hi Martian, I used piano wire as per plan, 18swg. just hope my soldering holds if not and it survives I will get some silver solder as I have just found out my son has a torch which will do the job. I will do as Danny has done and use Mick Reeves fittings next time. The rigging wires are very important as the wings are too flexible without them. Earlier in my thread I explained how I made mine adjustable without disconnecting them I used metal quick links from SLEC.. Good luck with the SUNFISH I often think of doing something different but always finish up with another scale model. Cheers Eric.

dsc_0605[769].jpgdsc_0606[765].jpgBit the bullet today and got the paint brush working, I have looked at photos regarding the top wing markings and there are a lot of variations, some have the two red lines joined and some are like mine. just a few more details to add but if the weather is as good as forecast it will be flying this week. The red and yellow is brush painted with Humbrol enamels.

rI did nit want to chance flying the Fury today as the wind was strong, however it dropped this evening and I had 5 good flights The longest being 10 mins. and on landing there was still over 30% left in the battery. Despite my apprehension the Fury looks great in the air and is very easy to fly , dsc_0610[776].jpglandings are a doddle now that is trimmed out fully.

Edited By Eric Robson on 23/06/2020 23:16:32

OK facts.Motor Electrospeed 5055/06 580kv. prop 15x8, battery 5s 5000 20c.80amp esc. Looking at the motor it is identical to the 4 Max and the Overlander Thumper . On the watt meter it is just under 900w with a 16x8 non electric prop it produced 1100w but the amps were in the high 70's with the 15x8 APC..e prop 48amps.

C/G. on the forward position on the plan

Aileron 20mm up 15 down high rate 15 up and down low I use high

Elevator measured at the rearmost point 40mm up and down high 30 low

Rudder 60mm each way. I have put 49% expo in on all controls. The elevator could be reduced but I like a lot of elevator on our field to stop nose overs then often forget to switch to low rates. It just seems to sink slowly onto the strip and with the wind direction I was landing on the short strip no problems.

Cheers Eric..

Hi Danny, I mounted my battery just behind F1 and the motor was mounted on 4 long 5mm studs. I used the ply F1 as per plan and it did not need any additional weight to balance. As I said I have 20mm up and 15mm down on the ailerons and keep it on high I do tend to put a little rudder in on turns but have not programmed it in. I learned to fly on basic radio so I still fly by the seat of my pants, I prefer to be in control rather than a robot.

Cheers Eric.

Excellent thanks Eric, sorry must have missed the differential numbers the first time around.

I don't couple rudder to aileron either, prefer to balance the turn myself, besides side-slip approaches with one of my Chippys is a joy

Saying that, I do embrace as much of the technology as I can, I can cope with a car with wind up windows, doesn't mean I will turn down the option of electric windows

Cheers

Danny

This is where I mounted the battery, it is 1/4" behind F1 I mounted the motor on 5mm screwed rod and the nuts are bboth sides of F1 so to prevent damage to the battery I used 1/4" balsa to hold it off the nuts. The model balances with no extra weightdsc_0614[782].jpg

Edited By Eric Robson on 25/06/2020 00:11:15

Hi, Eric, your Fury is certainly the bee's knees, If you like I can print you a pair of Vickers machine guns .as said the barrel jacket originally was water-cooled this was found to be not needed due to the cooler air at altitude and slipstream air but the jacket was still needed for the barrel recoil mechanism incidentally the gun barrel exits at the bottom of the jacket.

Thank you Martian, I would appreciate that. and thank you for the help you have given me without that there may not have been any pictures up loaded. I will P.M. you with my address. It has now had 10 flights I am working on a short video that a fellow club member took on my phone , at the moment I can put background music on and text but I can't get the wind noise and voices off.

Cheers Eric.

Hi Eric so sorry mate I was on the wrong tack re the guns I have been enlightened by Danny and further searching the Fury was fitted with the MKIII guns which was stripped of the water jacket and the recoil modified I don.t think I have the stl files for that MK