Followers...?

Jonathan M

Why do we have the function of 'following' other forum members?  I see one can individually switch off the ability to be 'followed', but what kind of nerd feels the need to hang onto every utterance or minor edit of another nerd?  ...or is this a nerdish thing to even worry about?! ?

PS I've just ticked the box to disable followers.

Edited by Jonathan M
  • Like 1

I've been here a while, many have been here longer, groups have always formed within the community, I.C flyers, scale lads, PSSA flyers, Taranis users, builders etc etc etc. These people also mingle in threads other than their main interest, so "Followers" have always been here, it's nothing new. The reputation thing, members who post blogs, help others and a whole host of other things they put in have "Reputation" We come on here because of people like them.

"Top forum dog" I have no idea what/who that means ? And as it's now been removed from view, why is it an issue, you don't have to view it.

John you are a top dog you have 11 likes. The same as me and that is the only reason we come on here. You now have 12 and DD has 18 I give up I just can not compete. That was sarcasm BTW oops that's against the rules.

Like you I just like helping others. This is an attribute that many in this hobby share and one that has amazed me since I joined this hobby three years ago. 

I am following people because they are having problems with this new forum. I have never used follow before but now I find it useful. If others think I am a nerd then that is their problem.

I could go one but what's the point....

• Like 3

I'd have put money on who was going to be the first to reply in it's defence. ?

Sorry, I don't like it and I don't like where it's heading. I'm not alone in that.

I've noticed as soon as I post something on this new forum the same faces appear, I've been posting to make reasonable suggestions which could be answered easily and simply without the need to start a battle but some have decided to dig their heels in and butt heads so the likes get banged in. That's not a good look.