Help needed

Basil

When I try to log in from say a reference to a subject on our site, as listed on the net, I get this 'The requested page "/forums/postings.asp?th=51722" could not be found' .  I used to access the site using this method before the change over without any problems. How can I overcome this problem please.

I also get this message when I log in normally, for reason I fail to understand.Thanks in advance

Bas

If you mean a Google search is turning up that link, it's probably taking you to the old forum pages and all those links are now redundant. Try using the search facility on this site by entering a key term which should throw up the old threads.

In respect of logging in to the site, you probably need to change your bookmark in your browser. I use https://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/index.php?/discover/33/ which takes me straight to the 'Latest Posts' page. Hope this helps!

Pete

I have been trying to get info about fitting snakes, but cant tun up what I wanted. If the old references are on the net why cant we see them.

Will we ever see them again, if not why are the refs still on the net.

The net was most times the best source/method of finding what you want on this website, especially now.

Maybe its me but I have not had much success in finding what I want. Yes plenty of entries that say 'Snakes' but only in passing.

For instance how would you search for the subject of snakes rather than the word snakes, and where.

By the way have we found the entries of the derivations of Little cub, fielded in different ways such as Lill, Li'l. there were several before the change over but until recently I could only turn up one.

This post is not meant as a moan or critisism( I've been involved with such software changes in indusdry, so have experienced some big boobies).

Thanks

Bas

@Basil If you put "snake*" into the search box (found at the top of the page in the black band), it will find all occurrences of "snake" and "snakes".

If you just want to search the thread title, rather than the entire thread contents, tick the "Content Titles Only" box as I've done here.

image.thumb.png.35d545862982f0640a945e4ed5573b8d.png

Edited by Gary Manuel

I am cursing these IT people who have lost all the hard work forum members have put in over the years.........I had a photo which answers Basil's snake problem but it was ( is still? ) in my forum album and that's now disappeared.   How can we get these photos back?

image.png.e8cb36f6b13420099f78c638aeaa0b37.png

On page 3 of 7

Edited by Martin Harris - Moderator
Helping poster to find his image

thanks for your prompt and useful reply John.  

Is there any easy way to get all my photos back in one go and put them onto my computer?

You probably noticed I often use the same old photo to answer a question as the same question crops up time and again.

• Like 1