Euros 2020 ? Football.

The refereeing has been one of the best parts of this tournament - they have been largely ignoring any diving and rolling about, have played the advantage wherever possible and kept the games flowing-or flowing as much as a possession-dominated international match can. That said, the Sweden-Ukraine game was brutal, with some very meaty challenges and, as the players tired in extra time a lot of mistimed tackles and non-tackling related injuries. I thought that would be a big issue for the Ukrainians in last night's game, but they were pretty much outclassed before that transpired.

One of the best games so far.

I was hoping Spain would win. I think Italy are more likely to employ better tactics to outwit England than Spain would have had.

OTOH I think England (like Spain) have the potential to be the better side, assuming they get past Denmark. ?

Soft penalty for the win, but as the game grew England definitely applied themselves more. Not sure about some of the keep ball in the corner with ten minutes left in extra time , when a third goal looked very possible,  It was down to game management in the end - my MOTM was between Sterling, who had an excellent game and Walker. Not a fan of his but his pace and covering ability tonight was outstanding.

• Like 1

Amazing that my prediction of Italy vs England in the final came good.  I was pretty confident about Italy but not England.  Turns out I had that the wrong way round!  I also thought that Italy would win the final given their long record of being unbeaten.  Guess it will all turn on who turns up on the day!

47 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

Soft penalty for the win, but as the game grew England definitely applied themselves more. Not sure about some of the keep ball in the corner with ten minutes left in extra time , when a third goal looked very possible,  It was down to game management in the end - my MOTM was between Sterling, who had an excellent game and Walker. Not a fan of his but his pace and covering ability tonight was outstanding.

Walker had a stonking game allover the pitch, very vocal as well urging the others on, we have some leaders out there now, happy days.

21 minutes ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Re the "soft" penalty.  Compare that with the "hand of God" issue and it was clearly a penalty!

I'm no football expert, but it didn't look like a penalty to me. The Kane one before it did though. Best team won so it's not like we robbed em'.

Edited by Gary Manuel