Windows 11 , latest con ?

Brian Dorricott 1

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility - a lowly paid operative at the dispatching company or couriers could well be supplementing their income by forwarding customer data to a scamming organisation.

You can only forward the email to [email protected] and hope that enough people do the same in order to establish a pattern. 

1 hour ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

I get those e-mails on a fairly regular basis, sometimes they even coincide with when I'm expecting a parcel.

They would not want to make it too obvious they have an inside line and the way to do that is scatter a lot of random ones with the targetted  ones?   I haven't had any for some time then when I do order, guess what.

I've been using W10 since the free update from W8 and it's fine.  The only downside is the frequency of unnecessary updates (I'm only interested in security - the features are fine as they are)

Ever since I was working with development systems running Flex or OS9 for Motorola 68XXX processors I've been a bit anal as to where my data are stored.  So I partition my HD so that I have one solely for my data which I access via File Explorer and keep in reasonable order with a file structure that goes quite deep (ie my 'Planes' file has lots of sub folders for Frsky, models, Photos etc) to make finding stuff I want easy.  I also use Classic Shell to avoid the nonsense that W10 makes of the Start menu.  I like words rather than pretty pictures.

I'm still using a copy of MS Office 97 Pro, which has all the features I need.  I use Firefox and Thunderbird as my browser and email (as well as a few web-based emails to keep things separate).  I use Macrium Reflect (free) to back up the OS/Program data to an external HD and Synchredible (also free) to back up/update my data.  Adobe Acrobat runs OK and prints any drawings I need.

Quite honestly, it just works.  I had a play with Linux Mint just for fun but W10 is OK so far.  Don't know anything about W11 but I suspect W10 will see me out - I don't think upgrades in 10 years time will affect me ?

Geoff