Ashbourne Scale Day

Good evening one and all

anyone remember the final scale day last year.

Well we have a reprieve on the site so let’s do it again

The club committee have asked me and Ian to organise Ashbourne Scale Day 2022

So here goes

0CT 30th is the date for your diary starts 10 am stops when it’s too dark to see, any and all scale models welcome

so please reply if interested 

you can message me on Facebook too if you want

Chris

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Simon Chaddock said:

If you can summon up the same weather as last year I will most definitely be there 🙂, assuming of course that by then the cost of living has not gone even further through the roof than it already has! 😟 

As I recall the weather was a bit on the wet side until about 11 am but improved later.  I'll probably turn up but I've hardly flown this year so I'll be a spectator.

Hello all

for those new to event here are the directions to find us

the site is off

Ladyhole lane. Yeldersley.Ashbourne. Derbyshire 

DE6 1LR

what3words  Loses.Glory.Sharpness.

this will get you to the gate, open and manned until 10 am thereafter you need the code for the day lock if there’s 2 locks it’s the small one with three digit code. 109. Please reattach locks as you find them the larger lock is for club members farmer etc

Cheers all

News for event

as always if the weather forecast is dire on the Friday for the weekend we do have the option to delay a week courtesy of club committee so please check this thread late Friday or Saturday 

second I have a bit if bad news chefs can’t make it this year due to circumstances beyond his control, he is likely to be in London but is also a bit broken waiting on new hip

tea and coffee will be on but bring butties

cheers

chris

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Alls well and biscuits bought

one hiccup the lock we normally put on for the day for anyone arriving after ten is awol so a new one will be fitted the code for which will be.    0000.  Hard that one

cheers all

if all else fails call me 07971669901 and I’ll let you in 

Well not to bad a day until thunderstorm at 2 ish most of you seemed happy and wended your way home,

those few who stayed were blessed with glorious sunshine no wind and superb flying weather, so after  another go of the models we had with us we too went away happy

hope it was worth it for all of you who made the trip, we will be doing it again the committee members there assured me be it at Ashbourne or the new site that is now looking good after much work with mowing and drainage 

so thanks one and all

chris

• Like 3

I would like to thank all those who organised and contributed to the Ashbourne scale day.

The weather was not exactly kind for my light weighs but I did at least fly even if we were subsequently treated to a sudden and violent bit of weather than only the highest airfield in Britain could provide!

ceejay's Sopwith Pup displays were one of the highlights for me.

It turned out a bit wet, loud (at least one huge thunderclap!) and, for a time, a 'bit' extra breezy.  I called it a day and scuttled for the car.  A few mentioned one very regrettable and sadly missed absentee - Alex Whittaker - who has been a regular for several years and published some great picture in RCME.

btw the 1/3rd scale Sopwith Pup was flown by Ian Redshaw, CeeJay's long time buddy.  Thanks, Simon, for saving me getting out the car to shut the gate by allowing me through 🙂