Riot in my shopping basket................

tiny-james

@kcThank you for your answer. I was unaware that this was not a good idea. I would never fly a plane in public if I couldn't control the plane anyway but if it's not done then I will not fly it.

question if I take a plane (when I can fly) on holiday would I be able to fly on a club flying field as a guest providing I have my BMFA membership and CAA. I suppose I'm asking do clubs allow guest to fly. ?

Advert

Club house is nice but we never use ours except to store the safety fence, wind sock etc..... tbh it's not very welcoming, being an old caravan!

Personally, I'd only ever use the electricity for charging - I believe any maintenance/repair needing electricity should be done at home, with full concentration. Presumably, club fees include electricity consumption/infrastructure maintenance?

Flask and sanies does me fine so no need for kettle and microwave.

Monthly event sounds good but don't underestimate he benefit of a club field that requires less travel - once you solo, the best thing for you will be maximum time in the air.

Also, consider who's going to provide the best tuition...

Edited by GrumpyGnome

Right Tiny. I would say, next year, head ringing with the new stuff in the brain, you will be able to sort out what you need to fly on your own, with a spotter if that is a public place. But a beach, while it sounds ideal, often is not. I’ve seen an aircraft, taken out of the air by a happy greyhound, a good two meters up, and flying at the aircrafts flying speed. But odd places, with care, can be OK. A car park over moorland, upland plateau. The secret is, are you absolutely sure it’s safe. Stuff it in, it does not hit someone. That involves protocols to follow. And they have to be taught. 

Upland plateau, suggests a slope somewhere.

Caravan holiday, where were you thinking of going ?

Llyn peninsula perhaps ?

Lots of sites will accommodate caravans for the week etc. Having all the stuff a caravanserai may want, water, electricity hook ups, toilets blocks and eating house/pud.

Beautifully scenery, lovely fresh air, nice people, local model flying club and a superb slope soaring site with bear enough 180 degree wind direction.

What's not to like.

The distance perhaps but your on holiday !

See slope soaring threads for Hell's mouth near Abersoch, penrhos near pwllheli. Also great orm Llandudno.

The epic match is on at 7, c'mon mid fyld !!!