Exhaust pressure fitting OS 15LA

Tim Donald

Today I ran up my OS15La (brand new but quite old) and noticed that the pressure nipple on the 871 silencer was loose.  It looks like somebody has over tightened it or cross threaded it.  It screws in but just keeps turning and never tightens (and leaks when the engine is running).  I'm not sure if it's the nipple or the thread on the Silencer but I expect it's the silencer.  Is there any way to fix this without buying a new silencer?  JB weld maybe?  

OK I have just established that somebody has put a M3 nipple in but it's not the correct one for the thread on the silencer.  I tried one from a Thunder Tiger pro .46 and it fit's perfectly proving that the thread is ok.  Does anybody know what thread size it is?  It's between M3 and M4 but that's all I know.  I can't see M3.5 pressure nipples for sale so maybe not metric.  I think OS call it a No.7 but don't say the thread size.

Older models had a fibre washer but would often come loose until washer compressed fully. A small drop of threadlock will hold it and should also seal the thread from oil leaks . Personally I'd used a little Aradite Original as this wil make a permanent seal for the nipple. This can also be used to seal the exhaust to engine fitting. Just make sure that the screw threads are lubricated before tightening them. Makes a really good seal and unlike a gasket will only come loose when you want it to.

• Like 1