Glider identification

Could anyone help identify this glider? bought on ebay but seller did not know what it was. The body is plastic with foam wings, looks like its from the 80's and the body has faded yellow. Would like to get it back to white if anyone knows what's best to clean faded plastic. Span about 72 Inches

Glider1.jpg

Glider2.jpg

Edited by Stephen Rawsthorne 1
spelling

Very similar to a Multiplex Akro but some details are different. The Akro fuselage is fibre-glass, your model is most likely German as quite a few manufacturers use the 'Plura' moulded fuselages (Robbe and Carrera). I don't know a way of whitening the plastic, best to paint it or live with the 'patina'! My Akro has a film covered wing and a two-pack epoxy primer and painted fuselage.

Could be an Akro wing (71" span) on a different fuselage?

20200924_143140961_iOS.thumb.jpg.f821d97593720aabff5a8220421ede4a.jpg

20201118_105224005_iOS.thumb.jpg.2ac5a7e0a493ee3e0769d3fc17c8738e.jpg

2 hours ago, Gary Binnie said:

Very similar to a Multiplex Akro but some details are different. The Akro fuselage is fibre-glass, your model is most likely German as quite a few manufacturers use the 'Plura' moulded fuselages (Robbe and Carrera). I don't know a way of whitening the plastic, best to paint it or live with the 'patina'! My Akro has a film covered wing and a two-pack epoxy primer and painted fuselage.

Could be an Akro wing (71" span) on a different fuselage?

20200924_143140961_iOS.thumb.jpg.f821d97593720aabff5a8220421ede4a.jpg

20201118_105224005_iOS.thumb.jpg.2ac5a7e0a493ee3e0769d3fc17c8738e.jpg

Thanks Gary, I did look at your Akro and thought it looked very similar, Yes the wing has been joined in the middle

with a single servo for the ailerons using torque rods, I have removed the rods and fitted servos in each wing.

I will probably leave the body as it is, once its flying no one will notice (i hope)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Erfolg said:

I have a Ridge Rover that is similar, by Sail Planes International that looks vaguely similar. It is possibly one of theirs. My model dates from the 70s.

The body of my model is GRP (polyester resin), so if a injected moulded body, probably not one of theirs.

The Ridge Racer was one of my dream models in my teens but could not afford one, its very similiar to the models sold by Sailplanes International/Solent Sailplanes