Binding two receivers together

Glenn Philbrick

I am trying to bind an ar 620 and at 6210 together. The 620 is in a fun fighter, the 6210 is on a dolly. I want to use the dolly with rudder control which the fun fighter does not have that way I can control the run down the strip. It must be possible many large models have twin receivers. Both bind independently but not together ?

Advert

IIRC Just put both RX into bind and the power the TX up in bind. Worked for my funfighter and dolly, but I was using two RX's that were the same and might have even been DSM2.

Biggest issue is the torque roll produced by the accelerating motor and that the FF wants to jump off the dolly so you have to try and counter that and steer. Didn't find it very reliable as a launch method.

Hand launch, but just make sure the motor has finished accelerating + things like the FF normally launch on 3/4 throttle OK

If it proves to be really tricky then I would suggest a AR637T and launch in safe. Works for me with my Outlaw (ballistic delta and SU47 edf as its so marginal at launch between getting away or hitting the ground!).

PS - If they won't both bind at the same time I would say its a compatibility issue with the different RX's

This worked for me with similar RX.

During the bind process, leave the Tx on the Whole time.

Just start with One Rx perhaps the 620 with bind button, bind then switch that Rx.

Leave Tx ON.

Put the bind plug into the 6210 and power up, should flash rapidly, bind, flashing stops, leave Tx ON, remove power from 6210, remove bind plug, remove power.

TX still ON

Power up both Rx with servos to test, rudder in one, aileron in the other.

Try sticks

Footnote for the AR6210, that I did not use, but did use another RX.

The 6210 is already Dualink, which means that it already used 2 receivers within its case which may be your oroblem, I don't know for sure.

I do know that other tandem Rx do bind.

Edited by Denis Watkins

10 hours ago, Glenn Philbrick said:

Both bind independently but not together ?

I have read, the receivers must be "similar enough" for dual bind to work. I do not know that 620 and 6210 makes a viable combination. They are different generations of RX. You could ask Andy Kunz on rcgroups, he is the Spektrum oracle (and employee I think) on that forum. The safe option is two identical RX. There is some tech info on a thread here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3203645-spektrum-can-you-simultaneously-bind-multiple-Rx-to-one-Model-slot-on-the-Tx

As for the process itself.

Power up and bind first RX. Switch everything off, repeat for the other RX.

This is all I did for 2 x AR610 in a twin fuselage airframe.

Note, you can leave the TX on, you will need to ask it to go into bind mode a second time.

9 hours ago, Denis Watkins said:

The 6210 is already Dualink, which means that it already used 2 receivers within its case which may be your oroblem, I don't know for sure.

Unsure. I do know the bind process involves a handshake, so doing both at the same time may confuse that part of the process. Perhaps the 6210 sends handshake only from the main rx, and not the satellite.

Edited by Nigel R