2.4 gh

Gaz Elliott

Hi guys what is the best 2.4 spektrum or futaba?? 

Also can you use other rx for a specific brand as per 35meg? e.g. an Align rx with a futaba rx ( In 2.4)

finally some of the shops advertise some of the 2.4 rx as for full size models yet other state that they are for indoor or park flyers what is the true view??

Futab 2.4 ghz tx can only use futaba 2.4 rx.

Spetrum / JR are interchangeable. I have a JR DSX9 and use Spekky rx not problem. I went JR/ Spekky because the rx are much cheaper than the Futaba ones.

Some rx are for park fliers, and others have full range for bigger models. The bigger ones have better aerials to improve the range, the park fliers only have small aerials.

If you do go 2.4 though, buy some 6v rx batteries as they are very sensitive to low voltage. There's loads of info on this site, have a read.

I have a Futaba, no problems with it so far. .

Nothing wrong with the Spektrum,I would buy one .

It's up to you,look on the respective web sites and read up on the specifications and decide which would suit you best.

If unsure post the type of flying/models  you are interested in and see what other people think.

In the end they both do the same job

Regards

Kelvin.

Rightly or wrongly i have bought a Futaba set . Hopefully arrives today or tomorrow. Will spend week end lock in the hangar repair all the fleet from the problematic Tx/ rx on 35meg . 3 flights first landed just wing ripped out, changed crystal, second flight landed damage steering after rollercoaster flight, change rx, thrid flight damaged fus and prop. Conclusion problems with TX soloution 2.4, Need to stop the dodgy landings.

Webbies at Frodsham, will do a deal to omit the servos if desired, on the Futaba 6exp. Not quite as cheap as the Spektrum.

But then again the the Futaba, has 6 model memories and some mixing options, which I think the Spektum does not have, or not as extensive (could easily be wrong on these statements).

It is good to see that Webbs, are flexible in these times and are trying to deals, whilst trying to stay in business, which I really appreciate and hopefully ensures they stay the course.

Erfolg  

I am flying a Hangar 9 80" Mustang with a Spekky AR9100 power regulator Rx with 4 remote Rxs.  I plugged in the Spekky flight log at the end of each flight and have had no fades at all.  I would have never invested in such an expensive model on 35 Mhz.  In my 27 years flying radio I have seen too many glitches and unexplained crashes, including my own.  2.4 has certainly given me the full security to invest more in my modelling.  Sure some people will criticise that it is quirky in its set up.  However, follow the basic rules, Rx positioning, battery power etc and you cannot go wrong(!!?).

Having purchsed a Futaba 6exp, I have now read that not all Futaba FASS receivers are compatible with all their 2.4 transmitters!

It seem I have potentially made a poor purchase, if this is the case?

On the brighter side (for me) it seems that the Spektrum is limited to 40 sets operating at any one time. Dammmmmm, there are only 5 of us at the field at any one time. Do not tell me that Futaba is limited to 10, then i will go into a serious depression. As I am clinging onto a straw, that my purchase is not totally crass.

Does the Futaba have the low voltage problem that seems to plauge USA modellers with Spektrums?

I realy needed to have done more effective research, before reaching my decision.

Erfolg