Selling 3 x Spectrum Radios

Patrick

• 1 DX5e (80 BP)
  • 1 DX6 (150 BP) - Comes with radio protection bag. 
  • 1 DX9 (280 BP) - Comes with radio protection bag. 

PM me if interested. All radios are in Mint Condition.

Pick up in NW8 0ER.

I can ship, but buyer needs to pay for shipping

IMG_20230314_214429.jpg

IMG_20230314_214640.jpg

IMG_20230314_214628.jpg

IMG_20230314_214609.jpg

IMG_20230314_214554.jpg

IMG_20230314_214541.jpg

IMG_20230314_214515.jpg

IMG_20230314_214459.jpg

IMG_20230314_214444.jpg

Advert

The situation a couple of years ago was clear-cut. Unless the transmitter has a genuine CE sticker it is not legal in the UK. RC transmitters in the US are allowed a higher power. I was going to bring a couple of Spektrum transmitters over from the US to the UK a few years ago, but did not because I was advised it was illegal.

On 15/03/2023 at 07:03, Don Fry said:

What’s the legal position of using the US version of the DX9 in Europe, or the UK.

Not good. Equipment for the EU market must be CE marked and supplied with a declaration of conformity and that states specifically which EU Directives the equipment must comply with. Easy enough to look it up on the spekky page https://www.spektrumrc.com/spm-bs-compliance-page.html

The EMC Directive, as an example, applies to equipment placed on the market or put in to service. The put in to service is a catchall that gets you for home made stuff or imports from outside the EU.

I know we stuck two up to the EU however the UK regs mirror the language of the EMC directive.

US supplied equipment is not CE marked and will not have a declaration of conformity.

This isn't just a paperchase as it's likely technical and verification requirements are not in accordance with the directive as well. 

Edited by Graham Bowers
pressed the button before finishing.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PatMc said:

As well as the 100mW rf limit, isn't there also a 'look before transmit' requirement for EU/UK transmitters that doesn't apply to US ones ?

Yes. LBT may have other meanings, the one I'm familiar with that's used in the FrSky world is "Listen before talk". My knowledge of the regs is in another field, however I know enough of the regulatory landscape to pick out the big hitters. A radio engineer will know much more of the detail.

That’s for a version SPMR9900EU transmitter Patrick. Says so on the CE certificate you supplied above. Yours is a different product, has a different number. 
I have been having a trawl, and your American kit, should not be used on a flight line shared with EU spec transmitters. They shout louder and risk drowning the EU kit. 
It might cause a lot of ill will if there is an unexplained loss of control, a smashed airframe, or God forbid, injury. Better I think, they are sold into their proper market.

The  ListenBeforeTalk  requirement applies to Tx imported after a certain date , any imported previously are allowed to be used.  So DSM2 Tx were not allowed in after that date but previously brought in can still be used.      Only applies to Tx but not Rx )

The actual importer ( i.e you if you brought it into country ) is responsible for seeing it complies with UK regulations.

6 hours ago, Don Fry said:

That’s for a version SPMR9900EU transmitter Patrick. Says so on the CE certificate you supplied above. Yours is a different product, has a different number. 
I have been having a trawl, and your American kit, should not be used on a flight line shared with EU spec transmitters. They shout louder and risk drowning the EU kit. 
It might cause a lot of ill will if there is an unexplained loss of control, a smashed airframe, or God forbid, injury. Better I think, they are sold into their proper market.

Good I am not flying anymore, see 😉

I did not now of the actual risks to create issues with the signals. No one should ever take a chance on that.

I'll try to sell these in the US then.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1