AS3X/SAFE setting up problems.

Hello,  I have an iX12 Spektrum transmitter and the new E-Flite Viper 90mm jet. The problem that I have is assigning a switch to the gyro.

I bind the plane in the SAFE mode, which is confirmed when the flying surfaces cycle twice after binding and when switching on. Howeverthe plane is in AS3X mode.  I have switch "B" assigned for this, which is the norm for Spektrum models.. Asd many times as I try, it has no effect. All channels are set at 100% as required.

Dnoes anyone  have an idea what the problem may be?

Advert

I had this problem setting up an AR630 receiver, took me ages to figure it out as the instructions are terrible. Whatever position the switch was in didn't change how the model responded. It required a value to be input into one of the forward programming options to make the model respond differently to the 3 switch positions, OFF, STABILISE and SAFE. When I have a minute I'll take a look in the programming.

Thank you Dennis, I realize that each rx is programed to the relevant model. I think the problem is that according to the instruction manual, The model should be in Safe mode to be able to assign the switch, When bound, it reverts to AS3X mode so I think that is the reason I cannot assign the switch.

When I bind it, after that it immediately does the usual double cycling. However, it is set in the AS3X mode. However many times i bind it, I always come up with the same result.

The monitor shows, in my case the gear switch is assigned.

I have also tried to set up the model on my DX9...Same problem.

Now you have confirmed the switch in Monitor

Watch the cursor as you flip the switch, that it does move along the line.

Also

Where the window list of switches is showing, make sure the switch is ACT

And not INH

( Activated not Inhibited )

Also for reprogramming an A673TA a lead is required.

Am just going to have another read.

Probably me or my DX8G2, but I found the switch I wanted to use was not available to select. The fix was to set a new model up, go into the TX menu and assign the switch to a function/output. Then bind the RX and when you are in the forward programming the switch is available in the menu.

I don't think its in the tutorials as it states the model should be flown, trimmed and set up before moving on to the forward programming bit, easy to miss in all the combinations of TX's available and might just be a quirk of the DX8G2!  

On 03/04/2023 at 08:11, Ingrid Lunau 1 said:

Hello,  I have an iX12 Spektrum transmitter and the new E-Flite Viper 90mm jet. The problem that I have is assigning a switch to the gyro.

I bind the plane in the SAFE mode, which is confirmed when the flying surfaces cycle twice after binding and when switching on. Howeverthe plane is in AS3X mode.  I have switch "B" assigned for this, which is the norm for Spektrum models.. Asd many times as I try, it has no effect. All channels are set at 100% as required.

Dnoes anyone  have an idea what the problem may be?

Reading the above OP again, quote " all channels are set at 100% "

The three position switch should be set at 100% - 0% - minus 100% to access off/ stab/ safe.

Also the panic mode is best set on the momentary flat bladed switch.