Futaba SG14 with Futaba R2008SB blues

Rene Wallage

When I saw this post Rene, I left it for the F5J boys, who have not come forward.

You have answered your own question as 3 lots of a very complex F5J set up have produced the same elevator conflict.

I was lucky enough to spend some time in Futaba service, and Futaba gear was second to none.

100% of the time, the receivers responded fully to instructions given from their transmitter.

The F5J set up is as complex as it gets, and you need to go through the process again carefully.

The receiver is responding in 3 cases to a certain set up correctly, though causing an elevator conflict.

As you know, the receiver can only respond to given instructions.

• 3 weeks later...

We have since been in contact with other Futaba users, flying large scale models and jets.  They confirmed that, according to their experiences (and crashes), the R23008SB is not compatible with the 14SG.

I contacted Futaba, but so far they've been silent.

I believe I've had this problem twice .One was just after lock down in my enlarged Lady bird which veered hard right just before take off and last Sunday when just after take off my Sky Tundra veered again hard right and into terra firma . 

On both these occasions I could not trace any other fault and the receiver appeared to be ok in ground testing .

I have now changed the receivers to R617's following this thread 

The 14sg manual does say that the r2008sb is compatible

FUTABA R2008SB is actually fully compatible with the T14SG transmitter, but........ It is known that certain R2008SB receiver batches have a range issue.

No problem with elevator nor any other channels, but sure a range issue.

I suggest those of you who own R2008SB receivers to compare range with your transmitter in range test mode against other FASST, T-FHSS and FASSTest receivers. It is very easy to confirm how the R2008SB loses link perhaps at half the range of the other receiers.

Anyway this problem DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL R2008SB receivers. From my personal experience those included in radio sets are perfect and only certain batches of spare R2008SB suffer from the range problem, so I strongly check and compare them with other receivers to know if are correct or defective.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...