Model Identification

Does anyone know what model this is? It has been suggested that it is a Maricardo but I have the plans for a Maricardo and there are big differences. The wings and the top of the rear fuselage are foam cored so it must be from a kit rather than being scratch built. The wings were originally held on with rubber bands but I have converted it to a wing bolt and dowel. The fuselage is 100cm (39") long and it has a wingspan of 140cm (55"). It has a plastic cowl. It flies superbly!

Front View.jpg

Rear View.jpg

Advert

I agree, it looks like a Masterline vandal, the rear decking was veneer on foam. One of my first kits I bought with my paper round money, though I was after their Laser 200 which was out of stock at the time. Mine had many years of service with an Irvine 61 up front, great flier. I copied the lines and built a twice sized version powered by a Zenoah 62 which flew equally as well.

Good find

Rich

I think it's a Vandal as well. I had one in the eighties. Weighed a ton and needed a massive amount of lead to balance it because I'd fitted a light engine. It was my first step up after my trainer and I crashed it twice then gave up repairing it and binned it. It seemed to fly fine when somebody more experienced held the transmitter but I hated it. Or it hated me. One or the other.

• 2 months later...

I am sure it is a Vandal. Many thanks Richard, John and Ian. Apologies for not replying sooner. I can't find much about Masterline or the Vandal online. Presume Masterline disappeared a long time ago? Everyone kept telling me it was a Maricardo so I bought the plans from Sarik Hobbies only to discover that it was a completely different plane! I converted it from elastic bands holding on the wings to a big bolt. It came second hand with an OS46 AX Max fitted for £50. This is what it looked like after a crash but it is almost repaired.1179759433_2023-05-1915_05_19.thumb.jpg.168722a68c83c5eadc71ff3a03fb5f12.jpg