Beep Beep Beep!!

I thought that I had my problems solved regarding the prop size, which members of the forum helped me with for my motor on my wee delta.  Having gone down from a 7x4 to a 6x4, all seemed well- no hesitating prop.  It worked fine on two or three sessions of test bench runs. 

However, a couple of days ago on my first field outing, on plugging the battery , the elevons worked perfectly when I switched on.  However, after some 10 seconds or thereby, the motor/ esc started continuous regular beep, beep, beep noises, and there was no control of the motor speed!

I've tried to rebind- same result- continuous beeping, elevon control but no motor control.  Also tried starting at full throttle, then pulling back on the stick- no joy!  Also setting motor trim to full low.  Most frustrating, after everything seeming to work at last!

ESC gone bad?

Or? Scratching my head!  Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Advert

Had the same problem last year. After much messing about turned out to be a poor connection in one of the esc to motor wires at the point where it entered the motor

Could not fix so scrapped. Can you subsitute another motor to test?

Thanks guys.

Thanks Leccy- I've tried my HK Plush programmer, with no success.  Philip, I do think that the ESC is receiving commands from the Rx- the elevon controls work as they should.  So it's down to the ESC/ motor communication.  I'll a) check the motor/ ESC conections, and b) then, if they're OK, I'll swap out the (Overlander) ESC, to see whether that makes a difference?

Ah, I'd forgotten it was an Overlander ESC.

Best advice there would be to solder on some new connectors to the ESC, connected directly to three suitable attachment points on the rear of the council bin lorry and watch it disappear into the distance. No guarantee it won't then stop the bin lorry working though 😉 

13 hours ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Also tried starting at full throttle, then pulling back on the stick- no joy!  Also setting motor trim to full low. 

Did you disconnect everything after setting the motor trim to full low? I agree with Matty that the trim position is the most likely cause, but you need to reinitialise the whole system for it to take effect.

Edited by John Lee
  • Like 2

Ok, but that could still be altered by lots of other software settings within the setup e.g. a different flight mode, a misconfigured endpoint or a throttle rate applied in error. I would still go to the servo outputs screen on your TX (assuming it has one) and visually verify the position the TX is transmitting, as this is classic behaviour for an esc that is not seeing the minimum read value to arm.

From Overlanders instructions (“sticker” must by a typo for “stick”!):

75E3898A-CC9F-4696-BE46-1234279D60C8.thumb.jpeg.627784e737e6e7d40f2c83f563e72e5a.jpeg

https://www.overlander.co.uk/pub/media/datasheets/ESC_Manual.pdf

Edited by MattyB
  • Thanks 1