Bookmark to forum no longer working.

Allan Bennett

For many years I've used a Google bookmark to go directly to the forum on my iPad.  I've checked the bookmark and it's still directed to http://www.modelflying.co.uk/formums/ but when I select it it gives me the normal RCM&E banner header, including ad and tabs for the vaious sections, but then the 404 Page not found message where the forum listing should be.  If I then tap on the "Forum" tab I get a drop-down "Login" tab, and if I tap on that I then get the forum listing with me already logged in.

I appreciate this may be an issue with my iPad, but I wonder if the address for your forum page has changed.  

Advert

32 minutes ago, Allan Bennett said:

For many years I've used a Google bookmark to go directly to the forum on my iPad.  I've checked the bookmark and it's still directed to http://www.modelflying.co.uk/formums/ but when I select it it gives me the normal RCM&E banner header, including ad and tabs for the vaious sections, but then the 404 Page not found message where the forum listing should be.  If I then tap on the "Forum" tab I get a drop-down "Login" tab, and if I tap on that I then get the forum listing with me already logged in.

I appreciate this may be an issue with my iPad, but I wonder if the address for your forum page has changed.  

The forum name was recently changed, it now reads forums.modelflying.co.uk as above just create a new bookmark, clearing cookies won't make any difference.

Edited by Outrunner
Typo
  • Like 3

Having got the shortcut working, the site is asking me to log in each time I access it, even though the "Remember me" box is checked.

When I do enter the correct email address and password I get a "Sorry something went wrong" error message.  That's with my iPad in landscape mode, but in portrait mode I still get the log in request but when I tap it it logs me in without me having to input email address or password.  Wierd!