Faulty NX8 ?

toto

Hi,

I bought a new NX8 back in may of this year. I bought it in order to create a buddy with my NX6 which I purchased in April of this year.

It has been issue after issue trying to get these to buddy but eventually got there. Apparently there is a couple of way of doing this ..... tethered ( my route ) or via bluetooth over the internet.

eventually .... after a lot of messing around by both myself and several club members, we got the two working. Albeit, the slave ( NX6 ) had to be re-set after every flight. Obviously you shut down your model and transmitter between flights so every time you switched back on, you had to go back into trainer menu and switch it back to student mode as it seemed to default back on to " inhibit " when switched off.

This is a pain in the rear so we thought we'd try and remedy this. We looked through the various menu's trying to find another route to resolve the issue but to no avail. We decided to stick with the original method just to get flying.

When we reverted back to the original method ......... it would not play ball at all. We switched the transmitter off ( NX8 ) and when ( later ) we switched it back on to have another try we were met with the following screen as soon as we switched it on 

P1110565.thumb.JPG.b4e7fc090ef5bf26774fd95f1d72efd3.JPG

The transmitter just keeps repeating " no student link ".

It will not close this screen down. There is no way of getting onto the usual welcome / opening screen.

This is a brand new transmitter !!! and hardly used.

To make matters worse ( my own fault ) I don't have the receipt and can't remember where I bought it. I do have both transmitters ( NX6 and NX8 ) registered with Spektrum as I did this when I bought them in order to update to the latest software edition.

has anyone else experienced the above ..... it looks pretty terminal to me 

cheers

toto

Not a Spektrum user, but everyone I know who buddies using the latest version uses the wireless method. It seems to work well; I would stick to that if I were you, as it seemed relatively straightforward to setup when I saw it done at the field.

Edited by MattyB
  • Like 1

The chosen transmitters will happily buddy wirelessly in 2 minutes Toto, so there is a " Conflict " in the tap tap press press selection you guys are going through.

Information in one of both transmitters, does not sit well with the other.

These NX have adequate memory to start with a fresh Model Name on both, a complete clean sheet.

Set up a new model name on the NX8, and fly and trim the model at that.

Then buddy the NX6, and get a competent pilot To fly and trim this.

Don't just copy one set of Dodgy settings from one To the other.

To switch on, maybe try, with the NX off, hold the right hand thumb wheel clicked down, then power on.

Sorted now

1 hour ago, toto said:

I wasn't sure at first. You need the internet to update software revisions and some other stuff but bluetooth for buddying. Learning all the time.

This issue has help explain why there are sometimes more than one apparent route to do a certain task though. I'm sure there are other examples of tasks that are held on more than one menu. I often wondered why. Looks like the good people at Spektrum have thought these things out with good reason.

It will certainly make me think and investigate any other " dual route " functions that I come across going forward.

Toto