Blokes Rugby Union World Cup.

Don Fry

My dinner of French dishes was exquisite, thank you missus, and the Burgundy, a gift, was scrumptious. The source is well connected, and given its quality, I won’t look into the supply chain. 
Do they still play cricket. 
Did I see however signs of belief and determination in that performance. That was a well crafted sentence, the obscene version would be quicker. 
I wish Les bleus well. But I’m not too bothered. 
Beat one or the other next week, and Argentina in the final. Simples.

well what a weekend of quater finals all very good and entertaining games with the SA vs France being a very intense game with the only difference was that the South Africans had better bench of world class players to come on. Highly entertaining and I couldn't moan much about the refereeing either.

And Mr Borthwick better have some magic plan at hand, it will be a tough challenge

Edited by flight1

What a bunch of games the weekend, phew, I'm out of breath.

There is no justice in this world, Ireland have been playing outstanding rugby for a while now, out at the quarter final. France have been playing outstanding rugby for a while, out at the quarter final. Wales have been playing mediocre rugby for a couple of years out at the quarter final. England have been playing mediocre rugby for some time, through to the semi finals.

There is no justice in this world. Come on England!

15 hours ago, Zflyer said:

Good home. Thought France was in Northern Hemisphrre and they did not disgrace any pitch

Precisely, not critiquing the efforts, or indeed progress, but the round of eight started with a 5/8 north/south split, them 1/3, and resulted in an all South final.

15 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

I would have kept Marler and Cole on as I think they had the measure of the SA front row.  Still, it was the best performance by England for some time.  

dare say the coach and them two agree, but they are past the first flush of youth, and they were knackered.

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

dare say the coach and them two agree, but they are past the first flush of youth, and they were knackered.

They may well have been knackered but their replacements were immediately under pressure and leaked 4 penalties.  I'm convinced that the old sneaky blokes would have used their cunning to negate the new SA props.  We shall never know of course.  Doesn't get away from England performing better than SA for 60 mins.  They should have enginerred more drop goal opportunities since they seemed unable to break through the finsl 10 m

Couldn’t write earlier, Swmbo was about. I have to confess I didn’t see the Boks’ try live.

She is queen of the remote, I don’t watch much television. She watches a lot of total drivel. She records more drivel. In the first half, there was notification that there is a recording conflict, ie, I think it means she is now trying to record two programs while I watch a third program, ie, England rugby. She did some flustered fumbling, lost the conflict of recording and renewed the program. I’m calm.

One hour later, we got a recording conflict again, and I lost program again, to the same drivel, she had managed to set the machine to record the same drivel on channel x and x+1. Boks had just got an attacking line out IRO the English 22. I tried to remain calm, not perfectly, but I wanted vision back, yesterday.

And when it returned, the deed was done. I remonstrated, for which I got, ‘don’t see what your point is, you can watch it again’. I shut my gob. I didn’t think I could swing “crime of passion” past the gardarmerie. 

• Haha 1