I give up on mail order!!!!!

Am I just unlucky or is the parcel couriers just crap .I have mail order on two different occasions and from different Model Shop .Both order never turned up..On the first mail order the model shop was good about it and refunded me in full  no problem .The second Model shop (who is a well recognised shop.) Was totally rude and un helpfull Told me he had posted it and there was nothing he could or would do about it .Told me to ring Parcel Force .They were the couriers and it was down to Parcel Force not him I told him he had not provided any tracking details ,so it was pointless ringing Parcel Force if I had no tracking details.He was not  interested and repeated it was Parcel Force's problem not his .How rude. Any how I contacted PayPal and they have taken over .This order was for £540 .Moral of this story is I will.now not mail order anymore but travel a round trip of 100 miles to King's Lyn Models.to buy all my modelling stuff King's Lynn model have never let me down and that way I will not have to go through this again

Edited by Rocker

The model shop ( the rude one ) is legally bound under the supply of goods & services act also the sale of goods act asap to honour a full refund or resend the item you ordered as it's their responsibility to ensure your orders arrive not yours,,, Paypal will give them a chance to rectify the issue within a set time before refunding you in full whether the model shop agrees or not..

Yes ive worked in retail including the RC Model Trade.....  & I for one would " Name & Shame " the model shop ( the rude one ) so others don't also order from them and suffer the same dishonest & disgraceful service as you have been subjected to

Edited by GaryWebb

1 hour ago, Rocker said:

Am I just unlucky or is the parcel couriers just crap .I have mail order on two different occasions and from different Model Shop .Both order never turned up..On the first mail order the model shop was good about it and refunded me in full  no problem .The second Model shop (who is a well recognised shop.) Was totally rude and un helpfull Told me he had posted it and there was nothing he could or would do about it .Told me to ring Parcel Force .They were the couriers and it was down to Parcel Force not him I told him he had not provided any tracking details ,so it was pointless ringing Parcel Force if I had no tracking details.He was not  interested and repeated it was Parcel Force's problem not his .How rude. Any how I contacted PayPal and they have taken over .This order was for £540 .Moral of this story is I will.now not mail order anymore but travel a round trip of 100 miles to King's Lyn Models.to buy all my modelling stuff King's Lynn model have never let me down and that way I will not have to go through this again

What an extraordinary story. I don't think I've experienced anything quite like it in goodness knows how many decades of pre internet mail order or on the modern www.

Not saying every single order has gone as smooth as silk, but I don't recall ever being simply fobbed off by a disinterested seller. I suppose the nearest would be getting the 'Saturday lad' who doesn't know his 'ankle' from his elbow but this is usually solved by asking very politely for 'The Boss'.

I do understand the buyer's frustration, I'd be pretty cheesed off at over a Monkey's worth of kit going AWOL, but alarm bells would have rung for me after not receiving adequate delivery and tracking info from the get-go. UK mail order is protected to a pretty much water tight standard these days, and you've got so many layers of protection over and above buying in a shop.......providing that you know your rights in the rare case of dealing with a numpty shop owner.

Driving a hundred miles to to get to a 'real shop'?................with your luck, they'll have sold out by the time you got there. Hope you get it sorted.

BTW, Don't think naming and shaming the shop is a brilliant idea on the basis of only hearing one side of the story.

Edited by Cuban8
  • Like 1

Hev to agree with PDB here Rocker. You seem to have suffered a string of unfortunate mail order experiences, one after another and steadily getting worse. Given that run of luck it might well be better to resolve to just do face-to-face, real time transactions from now on.

Personally I've made dozens of internet/mail order purchases from shops, suppliers, online only retailers, private individuals and only a very small number have had any sort of a problem, with, I think, all of them being resolved amicably following communication with the seller. My experience with couriers and the post office as was has been predominantly positive, again with just a few exceptions, also resolved following speaking to those involved. We did have one grumpy delivery chap, who used to complain that he couldn;t find us, but we haven't seen him for a couple of years. If we didn;t have mail order and online shopping we'd be seriously impacted in what we could and couldn;t get around these parts.

Works both way................last year my wife ordered an inexpensive (£20 IIRC) single airbed for our grandson to use when he visited us. What actually turned up was the most luxurious sleepingbag/bed that you could imagine and a quick check showed a value of around £400! They never asked for it back so we did pretty well.

Only kidding.......but it did take about three weeks to get them to arrange a courier to return it and finally get our airbed.

Edited by Cuban8