Anyone been out this weekend.

Well, with just three layers of clothing, it seemed positively summer'ish at the patch yesterday. I photographed this E-flite Mini Showtime with SFG's fitted (side force generators on the wing tips). Chris the pilot said they added nothing to the flying performance, I'm not sure about the looks either. 
Has anyone else used them?

Advert

Looks 'orrid

Managed three decent trainer flights yesterday. First time at the field (from 4 visits), I've not had model issues. Enjoyed it very much indeed. Here's me looking gormless:

That's Tony (the one with the hair my instructor who is doing a rather fine job with not very bright pupil.

And here's the Tiger actually flying (well landing and not by me) and doing so very nicely.

Except for a bent nose wheel which I just fixed. Take off next time then. Better go buy some spare props!

Pics by Frank S.

Indeed. Got out again. Took the family and dog to Garway Hill as it was such a lovely day. Flat calm when we got there. No way you could fly anything. Then the wind picked up and it was fantastic. I even maidened a lads' WT he'd just built. And then watched him crash it a lot. Flying I can do now, aerobatics are a challenge, my first roll ended up nose down in the peat.

Landings, well of the five I did, three were okay, one was tip over and one looked good until it hit an air current behind the hill and smashed into the old brick building for 10 miles. Did it ham the WT? Naah, just personalised it a bit.

Some pics.

Garway Hill March 1 2009

Garway Hill March 1 2009

Garway Hill March 1 2009

Garway Hill March 1 2009

I should be ridng my bike. I have a big race in a month. It would have been a perfect day to get some decent miles in. Instead we did this and then had KFC. Big grin on everyone's faces tho. Can't wait for warmer days, picnics and flying up there

Flew yesterday, in between rain showers.  Flew the Rogue a couple of times and maidened the Elektro Junior S - can't believe how well that climbs on just 2 cells.  Nice plane !

Was going to go today but woke with a wacking headache so just sat in Costa coffee drinking coffee.............

GG

Good flying weather in South Yorks. today, and a good turn out of club flyers both heli and fixed wing, usual banter of how the warm weather brings out the oldies and nice day flyers.   A good day all round.

I had six flights yesterday, three with my Sebart Sukhoi 30 and three with my MPX Acromaster. Unfortunately I damaged both due to a mixture of dumb thumbs and a flight drive battery going flat at an inopportune moment. I really felt quite rusty as this was my first flying session since before Xmas

Good days flying on Sat, in Suffolk, very little wind, took out the new grauper thunderbolt shock flyer just got for my son, 2826 Brushless motor, 12 amp esc & 2S 850 lipo,
We maidened today, it flew very well, slow and good C.G. trim, no problems, got in 5 flights around 6min each.
first time out this year. so were happy, GWS t6 next maiden.

Torrential rain early afternoon in the West of Scotland but the elements calmed around 15.00 and had three flights with my Harvard before the next front moved in. Most club members stayed away, for the afternoon session anyway. Had a full size just South of the field circling and practicing engine throttle ups. Crossed my mind that he might just compete for landing rights on our strip if the engine refused to cooperate.

A grey, damp on and off morning. I gave up hoping by 12 or thereabouts. Should have gone then as it just got better all afternoon, the price to pay for living in such a terrific area I suppose. Anyway by then I was "doing" some hingeing and thinking I should have done the "slotting" before profile-ing.

What a great day here in the midlands. Sunny this morning so got a few things done. then lunch time off to the field where surprisingly only 2 others were present??? Oh well more flight time for everyone present. My friend helped set up my new ( To me= second hand) Cub. Had a couple of others in the car but just about flew the wings off the cub all afternoon. Only problem i found was the tank is about the size of an egg cup??? Wind got up a bit bit but that only increases the enjoyment of slow flybys.
Came home at 6pm as the sun went down to a flight in the garden with the blade 400 followed by dinner. Oh what a fantastic day BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!!!

Went out yesterday afternoon with my trainer to get my eye back in which went fine then maiden'd my 10 year old never been flown Enya four stroke powered Precedent T180. First run up the strip went ok but the speed it lifted off caught me out and too much throw on the elevator nosed her over. No harm done. Wiped the sheep dung off the prop started her up again and with less elevator dial'd in she was off a treat up to about 20ft. Small X wind tipped her right so i corrected left but she kept going right further and further until i was hard over on the sticks.....PANIC.....too late...All happened so fast.
Long story short. Fuselage needs the front end stripping out to inspect and repair a crack down the RHS,replace broken side window and a new prop and that fingers crossed should be that, BUT the wing...OMG the wing. Having built it in the traditional way many years ago it breaks my tiny heart to see it lying on the bench in 2 bits....I think its recoverable...just but i'm going to put out an appeal out in the "Wanteds" for another in the mean time,  I won't hold my breat though. I saw SLEC are still producing the T240 so they'll be getting a call too. I've still got all the old plans but a complete new wing seems a bit of a massive job.
Worse bit is during the air-crash-investigation i discovered the reason for my whoopsy. I can bearly bring myself to say it and you've probably guessed already so i don't need to mention servo reversing features etc.
I'm sure i'd checked and checked again but obviously not well enough. SIGH. If it'd just been uncontrollable i'd have said OK 10 years of moving house and general lack of lovin, storage in damp lofts etc has been too much for the old gal but all that to loose it over a bloomin left/right issue..GRRRRRRRRRRR.
I'm even more determined now to rebuild and fly her asap as i know it was such a stupid thing that brought her down. In fact the fuzzy is in the boot ready to go to work with me for stripping at lunch time tomorrow.
Weather was nice on Sat though!
Thanks for listening. I'm going to bed now to sulk.