Moor Models anyone?

Hi all,

Anyone on here dealt with Moor Models, down in Watford and Essex?  I've placed an order for some Robart kit over a week ago but not heard anything since.  I've had no answer to emails either, which is slightly worrying.  To be fair, they've not taken any money, so I've no axe to grind.  But it's aggravating, as my build is effectively stalled until I get these bits and if they're out of stock I'd like to know so that I can check elsewhere.

Cheers,

Tim.

Advert

Well I haven't tried 'phoning them yet David.  I have just had a read receipt from the email I sent them this morning, so there's definitely someone at the other end!  I'll wait now to see if I get a reply to the email.  If no reply by the end of today, I will ring them tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tim.

Well, another email that has gone (so far) unanswered, despite me getting a read receipt this morning, so I know it's been read.  I will phone tomorrow I think and then likely cancel and order from somewhere else.  Not greatly impressed with their customer service, I have to say!

Tim.

• 1 month later...
Me and my dad had this problem when ordering Eurokit retracts. They were listed on the website and they recieved the order but they did not do anything about it. After some time we rang and it turns out that they were not in stock. However, no money was taken.

Marcus

i have had the same problem as marcus, i placed a order for a segull edge 540 on the 10/4/09 and still have not recived the model, i phoned them on 16th and was told the item was out of stock, i asked when they would get one. and was told that i would be called straight back, with a delivery time.  the next day i sent a e.mail regarding the plane. and got no reply. back on the phone, to a guy called craig. who informed me that the plane. was on the way to them, if i am lucky i might recive it in 10years time? never again will i order from them. why can the web page not say out of stock? when i next make a order ,from a model shop i will phone them, and check if the item is in stock... regards weasel.........

Moor models used to have 2 shops one in Watford and one in Harlow. The Harlow shop was my LMS. Unfortunately it closed in January. However, it was very poorly run and if you ordered something it was quite common for it to be sold so someone else visiting the shop before you could get there to pick it up.

If the Watford shop is run in the same way as the Harlow shop was I am not supprised by the problems you are having.

I know its no help with relation to Euro Retracts, but I've found BRC Hobbies are the best on the Net, never had to phone them about anything as the website is 'live' so items shown in stock can be ordered in confidence. The website is hard to navigate though, but once you've learned where things are its not so bad. Modelmaniacs are ok, but the website is 'live - ish' i.e. some items shown in stock are out of stock, usually smaller items, I don't think they update it that regularly. Robotbirds are very good, but tend to have some stange stuff rather than the normal stuff that I know. Als Hobbies are a bit hit and miss as there website, although very informative isn't very live. Blackburn Models are great for building materials, their website isn't 'live' but they seem to have so much stuff they've never let me down, although I'm talking balsa, glues and covering materials there. SMC are like Als, the website isn't 'Live'.

So thats all my Net model buying experience for you. I feel sorry for my LHS as they never have anything in stock that I want, and I can only get there on a Saturday but I'd rather go flying than go to the model shop

Tom

• 3 weeks later...
i i live near moors models watford only been in there a couple of times maybe thats a answer in its self ,i would be of the opinon that they are more of a old fashion run shop (nothing wrong in that )and mail order may not be as fast/reliable as some of the other shops 

• 2 weeks later...

I drop into the Watford shop (Croxley Green, actually), whenever I pass - every couple of months or so. Always found them very helpful.

Last time (March/April) the place was a bit chaotic as they were reorganising the whole shop - that may have accounted for the delays reported

• 3 months later...

I have had dealings with Moor's Models using the mail order service and found them acceptable to deal with. I agree that somes the kits take a while to arrive but at their low prices (not seen them lower anywhere else eg Cmpro) I don't mind waiting. I suspect that their stock mostly comes from a third party hence the delay, as and when orders come in.

The Watford shop has phoned me in the past when a kit was unobtainable despite still being on the website. Engines can be sourced cheaper elsewhere however.

• 2 weeks later...