The Cafe

Former Member

OK Phil
Don't know quite where to start -Its a very long story.But I'll just explain the basics .Married in 1962 -divorced in 1965 -Two daughters -the second I never saw ( it was an attempt to mend the marriage ) 'til earlier on this year SHE CAME TO SEE ME !.What an experience that was She is very beautiful & talented -doing very well .as an artist painting peoples animals and houses  etc  My first daughter doesn't feel like seeing me -I do understand the, last time I saw her she was 3 _She is chief stewardess on BA & is of the standard of concert pianist !-My two sons don't talk to me from my second marriage ( the french lady)they are now 30 & 27 One in Cornwall the other in France .-I've only seen my grand daughter once at the age of one -(my eldest sons that is )-She is now 5-I have spent most of my life as a musician / entertainer -
On top of all that I've recently  discovered that I have a half brother who lives in Florida who became a millionaire & bought  Bjorn Borgs' house next to a big golf course -I also have 5 half sisters who live in the USA - I spent  my life hating a stepfather from the age of 10 -but found out that my real father a pilot died in 1967 and is buried in the Arlington Cemetery in Washington -He was a major in the airforce having escaped from POLAND JUST AFTER WAR STARTED  He was a test pilot for years after that having served in Korea .As one of my half sisters said -He flew anything the military threw at him There's more -a lot more but -iSN'T IT WEIRD THAT i'M A FLYING FREAK ?Reckon it's in the genes
Phil    You did ask ! Actually its nice to know that maybe someone just someone might understand why I have adopted "Grumpy"
God bless you all !

hello everyone-all of a sudden the off topic thing has raised it's head...since i joined when a thread start's it has it's first defining line-most post a positive reply-some post a neg reply and some occasionally post a reply that is off topic(me included)this seemed to be acceptable to all including the mod's---now it seem's that the least little thing and we're getting a yellow /red card..incidently the mod's are often are the worst offender's..............

hurry up and read this before it get's took off..ken anderson.........

Polyflyingmod
I'd love to hear your story if not on a thread but on the PM thingy ! It does feel good to get it "off my chest" as you put it . There's a whole load more actually but that is maybe for later as in your case .I'll just give you a brief insight - Having gone from very successful musician in a well known band having been an engineer at RR (beatles era ! ) I literally left on the spur of the moment  with the three others in our semi-pro band all working at RR having got established on the scene so to speak to be by my Mum's bedside in the heart hospital in London after a triple valve mending op -One of the first . Shortly after that I got a job as guitarist/ vocalist in Newquay  in Hotels . Tell me to shut up 'cos it goes on & on -Bought an  ocean going boat then another Then did Hang gliding .What a life I've had come to think of it .Never a dull moment 'til now -sat in Newcastle just on the forum surrounded by bits of balsa & my only friends on this forum .Just to rub it in I must tell you my neighbour died yesterday..
Sorry Y'all it was meant to be a happy thread

Its not the cats fault,its natural IM always coming in to find feathers everywhere,mice having to be rescued,aand my lot are unsociable.My son turned up 1 day and informed me I needed company,not 1 but 3 cats were deposited on my door step.Stuff the blue tit and use it as a glider

Jim
If only I knew how ! I'm writing a little song at the moment called Order .I'd like to put it (video) on youtube but have just had a bust up (again) with 'er indoors & she;s the only one that knows how to do it .
Just a thought PHIL-Can you appoint an Agony Aunt for another similar new  thread ?

Myron
My second guitar was a Hoffner Verythin ( just like Bert Weedons at the time ) the neck ended up like a banana coz it didn't have a truss rod

Played in a dance band for 43 yrs. Still got my original 76 strat up in the loft,worth a few bob now.

Always fancied a Takamine acoustic.
Jim

PS  extremley good thread .

Myron, i would be interested in hearing "Order"
What is it you don't know how to do, would be happy to run through it with you.
maybe it would be a good tutorial for me to make for the whole forum. you could even post the lyrics here (copyright them first haha)

I think i would be a great agony "uncle" lol.
I may be young but i know a lot about how to keep the mind healthy and positive. In my early teenage years i used to be a very angry and bitter about a lot of things but I've now learned so much and am also greatful for those things for making me a stronger person.
I had to change in order to have any chance at succeeding in my career.
A great person for inspirational quotes is Napoleon Hill.

"what the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" - Napoleon Hill.

There are many little things like that -  that keep me fighting when things do get tough.

I like this cafe... seeing a different side to people i think.

Mikey