Horizon Hobby

Just like to say what an outstanding service Horizon give.  Posted two receivers at 10:00 Monday and received them back at 10:00 on Wednesday.

It's a shame more Retailers / Distributors were not like this.

12 out of 10 Horizon

Phil

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
I sent two AR7000 receivers back to HH UK last week ( Thursday ) for a thorough check over following bad crashes. One was in my Sloper hawk which was pretty much wrecked, and the other was in the EDF hawk which some of you may know, went in VERY hard.
Received them back this morning, with the following invoice,,,
" Both checked over, no sign of fault other than damaged case on one, which was replaced, and main unit antennas on both - also replaced. Pepaired and tested, Bind,  Holdbind, range test. All functions AOK. Returned.
£00.00.

Now thats darn good service... I was expecting some sort of payment at least!

Because I am so impressed I am posting this in "Radio Section" of forum also.

I returned a DX6i under the recent recall. The recall rightly said there would be no charge but what impressed me most was the turnaround speed. The TX was collected by courier midday on a Friday & returned midday the next Monday. Somebody had to be working over the weekend for that kind of turnaround.

Full marks Horizon

Keith

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just thought I would add my own praise to the service team at Horizon Hobby Uk.

I've sent receivers back to them on two occasions.
First time was 3 old AR7000's without quick connect, which I wanted upgrading.
Sent off the package and lo and behold 2 days later they were sent back.
Two had been upgraded and range tested ok. One was upgraded, but hadn't range tested ok, so they sent me a new one! They were all about 16mths old.
Total cost £0.00

Second time, 1 AR7000, aerial broke, 1 AR6200 aerial frayed, 1 dead 6110.
Two days later a nice little package. dead 6110 replaced and other two fixed.
I was really expecting to have to pay for the two aerial replacements as this was MY fault, but ....
Total cost £0.00

In this day and age of trying to make a quick buck, it's nice to see a company which knows the importance of good customer service.

Praise were praise is due!! Absolutely outstanding!!
Keep up the excellent work.

Other companies could learn a lot from this team!

Simon

Edited By Simon K 3 on 03/10/2009 14:06:04

Just to add my twopennurth................

One of the trims on my DX6i stopped working - would 'beep' and work one way but not the other.  Took the back off and noticed that it was simply too short to press the micro-switch.  Gave Horizon a ring Monday a.m. and received a new piece free of charge the next day.  Brilliant !

GG

P.S. Still love my Spekky !

Nice to read so many good reports about Horizon Hobbies as they certainly reflect my experience with this company,I sent my DX6i back not knowing there was a re-call and when I asked if there was a chance of a refund of my postage costs I was very politely told that this was against company policy,2 hours later I got an e-mail saying a 6100 rx was on it`s way to me as a good will gesture.I have also needed a spare part for a Hanger 9 kit and this was sent almost next day.They are one of the best companies I have dealt with,another firm that gives really good service is Laser Engines.A pity some of our big national companies seem unable to match the standards of these two.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Tomtom, here's the standard welcome post.........you may already know a lot of the stuff but have a look anyway.
They're a great crowd in here and you'll find help with just about anything.

Can I ask that you have a look through these?.......Mostly about how to use the forum and general useful information.

Please read these. 

And here 

And another

Apart from that, just jump in and have fun.

Bruce

• 3 months later...
More outstanding service to report about Horizon Hobbies. They deserve their RCM&E award and I can see them winning again and again........and again. They will be very hard to beat.

I sent 2 AR500 receivers to them for a check over as they have had a hard life, came back all fully checked OK within a week.

One VERY happy customer, thanks Horizon!    

I've just used HH service for the first time and am gobsmacked as to how good it is. I don't wish to take anything away from other distributors but these guys go the extra mile and then some!

I'd lost complete control of one of my slopies and it impaled itself in the ground. It's fortunately repairable (thank you Czech glassfibre) but the internal damage was immense. The receiver had become a ballast/battery sandwich and was well battered. The investigation took a week to find an intermittent break in the battery lead.

In the meantime, I sent the receiver with a brief note to HH asking if it was possible to check the RX. By return post I received a brand new one 'for my peace of mind'.  As you can imagine, I am delighted to receive service like this.

• 5 months later...
My first encounter with Horizon Hobbies also had a happy outcome. I had an AR6110E which had died following an ESC failure, possibly stuffing 11.1V into the receiver. Just a theory but the ESC didn't work and I couldn't get any red lights or outputs from the 6110E even powering it off a 4.8V pack. So I sent it back to HH, a few days later got a brand new one back f.o.c. Good service or what?  By the way, for a parkfly receiver the 6110E has tremendous range, I almost flew oos this evening with mine and got the model back ok. Won't push my luck so far again...